Elsevier list confirms CEIBS’ strength in academic research
April 18, 2022. Shanghai – CEIBS has once again demonstrated its position as a leader in research after a record high 15 faculty were named to the 2021 list of Highly-Cited Chinese Researchers released by world-leading academic publisher Elsevier.
Amongst those selected, 13 faculty have been recognised for their contributions in Business Sciences – the most of any individual institution – while another two appeared on the Applied Economics list.
CEIBS faculty named to the complete 2021 list include:
- Professor Emeritus Chen Jieping
- Professor of Accounting Chen Shimin
- Vice President and Dean and Professor of Accounting Ding Yuan
- Honorary Professor Jiing-Lih Larry Farh
- Associate Professor of Management Michael Kwan
- Professor of Management Tae-Yeol Kim
- Professor of Economics Bala Ramasamy
- Professor of International Business and Strategy Shameen Prashantham
- Professor of Management Katherine Xin
- Professor of Economics and Finance Xu Bin
- Professor of Finance Yu Fang
- Professor of Operations and Supply Chain Management Zhao Xiande
“The latest ranking highlights the research capabilities and academic influence of CEIBS faculty,” CEIBS President Wang Hong said.
She added that in line with the school’s Five-year Strategic Development Plan (2021-2025), CEIBS will strive to contribute to the economic development of China and the world as a whole by further expanding its world-class faculty team, advancing interdisciplinary research, and promoting China-focused case studies.
Elsevier has released the Highly-Cited Chinese Researchers list annually since 2015. The list uses Scopus, a global authoritative citation and index database, to track the scientific research achievements of Chinese scholars. A total of 4,701 China-based scholars from 523 academic institutions across 10 different subject areas were named on the 2021 list.