International Fellowship Programme
The China Europe International Business School (CEIBS) is seeking to invite 5 to 8 visiting PhD students each year as International Research Fellows to undertake a short period of research.
- The applicants must from schools listed in the UTD Top 100 Worldwide Business Schools Rankings;
- The applicants must have completed all non-dissertation related course work and should not be on the job market during the visit;
- The applicants must have a sponsor on CEIBS faculty and submit a proposal, preferably related to a CEIBS faculty member’s research;
- The term for the fellowship should generally be 6 months, renewable for another 6 months based on the recommendation of the sponsoring faculty member by the end of the third month and the mutual agreement.
Application and Selection
- The applicants submit proposals and up-to-date CVs to CEIBS faculty member who they would like to work with by May 31;
- The faculty members that the applicants would like to work with decide whether to endorse the proposals and make a recommendation to the Academic Staff Evaluation Committee by June 10.
- The CEIBS Academic Staff Evaluation Committee evaluates endorsed proposals and makes recommendations to the Deans;
- The Deans make the final decision based on the recommendation of the CEIBS Academic Staff Evaluation Committee;
- The School announces the decision in late June and signs the agreement with the visiting PhD students.
- Round-trip, economy-class air tickets;
- Office space and lodging at CEIBS campus or pre-tax housing allowance equal to lodging cost at CEIBS Shanghai campus;
- Meal allowance of RMB2,000 per month and health insurance during the period of stay at CEIBS campus;
- Research grants out of mentoring faculty members’ research budget for research related activities;
- Access to CEIBS databases with the understanding that access to proprietary databases is limited to projects coauthored with CEIBS faculty;
- Access to CEIBS network of firms but only through a CEIBS faculty member;
- Mentoring support from CEIBS faculty member sponsor;
- Administrative assistance related with visa/entry permit, etc.
- At the end of the fellowship, the visiting PhD students must submit a progress report to the sponsoring faculty member and the Academic Staff Evaluation Committee;
- The visiting PhD students are expected to acknowledge the International Fellowship Program when they publish their related research output.
- Faculty profiles can be found at: https://www.ceibs.edu/faculty-profiles
- CEIBS knowledge can be found at: https://www.ceibs.edu/new-papers-columns
- Working papers can be found at: https://www.ceibs.edu/faculty/research/working-papers