Leadership Development Programme (Modular)
Note: Due to the epidemic, the actual starting time for the courses shall be subject to the notice from the class coordinator.
The programme is designed for mid-level management staff with three or more years of managerial experience. Participants are typically those who deliver excellent performance in their function, demonstrate strong management potential, and are recognised as capable of taking greater leadership roles in the future. We recommend that each company send employees from different departments and backgrounds to participate in this programme.
When a business’ growth reaches a certain scale, the company’s strategic objectives can be realized only through the joint efforts of and close collaboration between the middle and senior management teams rather than through relying upon any individual leaders. The middle management team, as the backbone of a business, must realize that sharing a common mindset and knowledge base with the top management determines their ability to fully understand the strategic intent of their superiors and the day-to-day management issues from a corporate perspective. This ability, in turn, is critical if middle management is to effectively support and implement strategic decisions of the top management, and facilitate the stable and rapid development of the business.
- Module 1: Effective Personnel Management
- Module 2: Financial Management for Non-Financial Executives
- Module 3: Operations Management
- Module 4: Developing a Strategic mindset
- Module 5: Marketing Strategy and Planning
- Module 6: Business Simulation
A certificate of completion will be awarded.
Gain membership in the CEIBS Alumni Association. Learn More
Fee: RMB 198,000
If over three managers from a single company to participate in the programme, a special tuition rate of 188,000 RMB per person is offered to participants from the same company.
Programme Fee includes tuition, case licensing fees, lunches, stationery, other course materials, interpretation and translation fees if required. The full fee must be paid within two weeks upon receipt of the payment notice. Applications made within 30 days of the start of a programme require immediate payment. CEIBS reserves the right to amend information on this programme including price, discount, date, location, faculty, daily schedule and other details.
China Europe International Business School
Address: 699 Hongfeng Road, Pudong,
Shanghai, 201206, P.R.C.
Telephone: (86 21) 2890 5186
Mobile: (86) 136 4194 2896
Assistant Professor of Organizational Behavior, CEIBS
WANG, AN-CHIH ANDREW
Associate Professor of Management, CEIBS
This programme aims at providing participants with an opportunity to quickly gain comprehensive insight into the mechanism of business operation, grasp the essence of management philosophy, and improve their personal management ability. It also focuses on helping businesses to rapidly build a talent pipeline so as to improve their operations and execution, as well as to lay a solid foundation for their strategic development in the long run.
Participants in this programme will :
- Acquire comprehensive managerial knowledge beyond their current responsibilities and lay a firm foundation for their future career development
- Get an overall picture of the operational mechanism within a company, while better understanding and implementing company policies and strategies
- Develop an overall business perspective that enables a more comprehensive handling of complicated issues in day-to-day management and more effective communication with different departments
- Learn how to realise their individual potential, enhance their management and leadership capabilities and attain rapid and well-rounded improvement in their personal management ability within a relatively short period of time
- Communicate and share lessons with peers from other companies and industries to broaden their vision and encourage inspiration
- Be granted membership in the CEIBS Alumni Organization
The programme is divided into 6 modules; each module lasts 3-4 days to ensure that participants acquire basic knowledge of all the main areas in the field of management.
Module 1: Effective Personnel Management
How do executives heighten self-awareness and improve their ability to put themselves in others’ shoes? How do they exercise their leadership to strengthen employee engagement so as to build a high-performing team? Managing and motivating employees effectively is not only a basic requirement companies impose on each executive, but also the only path for him/her to enhance leadership. Effective employee management will be impossible if managers do not have a thorough understanding of themselves, their interpersonal relationship, and their team and organization.
In this module, we will explore the theory and practice concerning effective employee management in business operation. This module is intended to help managers enhance their self-development skills and team and organizational leadership so that they can have a better understanding of their duties and competence, and effectively manage employees and interpersonal relationship, which will be conducive to building a high-performing team to improve their companies’ business performance and fulfill their business objectives. The courses will deliver participants an interactive learning experience. Assessment and videos will provide participants with much food for thought about personnel management. Lectures, case analysis, team game, and role play will be combined to enhance their hands-on skills. This module will focus on:
- Understanding the self: causes of individual personality differences and their impact on personnel management
- Understanding the relationship between the self and others: interpersonal understanding and its impact on interpersonal relationship management at work
- Leading the team and organization: components of a high-performing team and team decision-making
- Leading the team and organization: coaching leadership, management communication, and conflict management
- Rowing leadership: enterprise management philosophy
Module 2: Financial Management for Non-Financial Executives
Non-financial executives need to figure out how to make an optimal financial planning to ensure the rapid and sound growth of their company. This course aims to help participants without a financial background probe into a company’s financial statements in light of external factors (e.g., economic landscape, industrial patterns, and effectiveness of monitoring and auditing) to assess its historical performance and current financial conditions so as to gain some deep insights into corporate management and development. When participants have learnt and acquired the relevant key financial skills, they will be able to communicate with financial professionals more efficiently, become more cost-effective and capable of refined management, and contribute to business growth from the perspective of financial management. The module includes:
- Analytical Framework for Financial Management
- Analytical Tools for Financial Management
- Analysis of Short-Term Liquidity
- Liability and Off-balance-sheet Financing
- Analysis of Long-Term Assets
- Revenue Recognition
- Analysis of Cash Flow Statements
- Analysis of Income Statement (EPS)
Module 3: Operations Management
All enterprises tend to make operations management their top priority. Excellent operations are not only a prerequisite for cost-effectiveness, but also a primary source of competitive advantages. Excellent operations, which are hard to imitate by others, are most effective in helping enterprises maintain profitability in the long run. This module aims to give students a whole picture of an enterprise’s operations management, and spell out how it can play a pivotal role under most circumstances.
- Concept about operations management
- Competition based on operations and supply chain management
- Multi-entity operations management: simulated beer game
- From manufacturing to service: transformation toward a solution provider
- Aligning business model with customer commitment
- Visit to benchmark companies
Module 4: Developing a Strategic mindset
Strategic management focuses on how to set strategic objectives, formulate a business strategy, establish an organizational framework, and marshal and allocate resources for strategy implementation so that an organization (company) can gain and maintain a competitive advantage in the external environment by working with or against its competitors. An executive today should therefore develop strategic thinking, acquire expertise and skills in strategic management, and take on his duty. In this module, participants will learn how to probe into overall environment, industrial structure and competitors, and to draw up organizational strategies, particularly at the business and corporate level. The module will also cover strategic innovation and business growth to enhance participants’ ability to formulate a business strategy. The module will deal with the following topics:
- Concept of Strategy
- External Environment and Strategy
- Internal Resources and Strategy
- Formulation of Business Strategy
- Corporate Strategy
- Growth Strategy
Module 5: Marketing Strategy and Planning
As traditional marketing theories are becoming more and more vulnerable to the radical changes in the market environment, it is increasingly vital for enterprises to think outside the box and look for effective marketing strategies. Businesses not only need to consider marketing issues in a systematic and dynamic way, but must also analyze and select marketing strategies based on customer needs and on environmental and resource dynamics. This module will provide participants with an understanding of the latest concepts in marketing strategy and planning, and show how to use these powerful tools to create greater customer value and competitive advantage. The module includes:
- Market-Driven Strategic Planning: We will highlight the tools that can be used to turn your company into a market-driven organization and examine their strategic and competitive benefits
- Crafting Effective Marketing Strategy: A framework will be provided for evaluating and improving marketing strategies while establishing a platform for profitable growth
- Go-to-Market Strategy: We will explore why organizations have to effectively utilize direct, intermediate and digital channels
- Pricing Strategy: We will highlight the new tools used in profit-oriented decision-making and pricing strategies, and point to approaches and specific tools that may be employed at different levels of price decision-making and implementation
- Marketing Communications: This session will focus not only on guidelines for effective integrated communications, but also on advanced methods of managing marketing expenditures
- Marketing in an Era of Change: This session will examine the real challenges faced by many organizations in adapting to changing market conditions
Module 6: Business Simulation
As the backbone of your enterprise, how will you find some common ground with senior executives, make sense of the enterprise’s strategic intention, and effectively implement the strategic steps? How will you effectively convey market feedback to the top management and establish a sound communication mechanism? And how will you step out of functional boundaries and look at business operations from a “big picture” perspective? In this module, a dynamic business simulation will help participants put business theory into practice to improve their general business management capability.
Partly Chinese, partly English with sequential Chinese interpretation
Applications are requested at least 30 days before the programme start date. Applications are reviewed as they arrive and admissions are subject to the final confirmation of CEIBS. Any applications received after that date will be considered on the basis of space availability. For more information, please contact our Customer Service Team in Shanghai, Beijing or Shenzhen.
Any cancellation made 30 days or more prior to the programme start date is eligible for a full refund of programme fees paid. However, the expenses arising therefrom shall be for the account of the applicant or his/her employer. Any cancellation made less than 30 days prior to the programme start date shall be subject to a fee of 20 percent of the total programme fee. After the programme starts, no fees shall be refunded for participants who withdraw from the programme for any reason.
To ensure the continuity of your learning, you are required to make proper arrangements according to the course schedule after receiving your letter of enrollment. We will neither make up lessons for you nor confer you with the certificate of completion if you are absent from the course for personal reasons. CEIBS reserves the right to amend information on this programme including price, discount, date, location, faculty, daily schedule and other details.