The Digital Transformation of Enterprises (Modular)
Start Date / Venue:
Afternoon, November 4, 2021 / Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen and Qingdao
Note: Due to the epidemic, the actual starting time for the courses shall be subject to the notice from the class coordinator.
Digital transformation is a systematic project that top decision-makers and their senior executive team cannot carry out smoothly without reaching a consensus. As such, both groups are advised to sign up for this course. This course is suitable not only for executives who plan to advance digital transformation, but also for business decision-makers who are undertaking digital transformation, but who need to take on relevant challenges or want to draw on the best practices of companies that have already successfully transformed. Typical participants include:
- Presidents and general managers of enterprises
- General managers of business divisions of group companies
- Supply chain and logistics directors
- Information technology directors, CTOs and CIOs
- Human resources directors, CHOs and HRVPs
- Marketing directors, CMOs and marketing VPs
Although we have long claimed that the era of the digital economy has arrived, the COVID-19 outbreak has driven home the reality that many enterprises are still in the early days of digital transformation. This also reinforces the fact that digital transformation is a long, hard journey and a matter of life and death for many companies, as they will face numerous unpredictable risks and resistance from vested interests along the way.
- For enterprises that are about to undertake digital transformation: how can they clarify their strategic direction, chart a roadmap, and systematically guide and promote digital transformation?
- For enterprises that are undergoing a digital transformation: what challenges do they usually face? How can they cope with these challenges?
Given the complexity of digital transformation and the changes it may trigger in aspects such as business models, product innovation, process optimisation, and organisational architecture, this course will focus on six themes – “digital transformation: strategy and path”, “information technology and digital transformation”, “digital transformation of enterprises and organisations”, “digital supply chain and business model innovation”, “new supply chain ecosystems in the era of the industrial internet”, and “digital marketing” – and will expand on each topic step-by-step. By covering these key issues from multiple perspectives, this course will present a well-thought-out roadmap for digital transformation to heighten business managers’ awareness of digitisation and enhance companies’ digital capabilities required for transformation.
- Module I: Digital Transformation: Strategy and Path
- Module II: Information Technology and Digital Transformation
- Module III: Digital Transformation of Enterprises and Organisations
- Module IV: Digital Supply Chain and Business Model Innovation
- Module V: New Supply Chain Ecosystem in the Era of the Industrial Internet
- Module VI: Digital Marketing
A certificate of completion will be awarded.
Gain membership in the CEIBS Alumni Association. Learn More
Group discounts are also available. Three or more people from the same enterprise who register together are entitled to the discounted price of RMB 158,000 each.
Programme Fee includes tuition, case licensing fees, lunches, stationery, other course materials, interpretation and translation fees if required. The full fee must be paid within two weeks upon receipt of the payment notice. Applications made within 30 days of the start of a programme require immediate payment. CEIBS reserves the right to amend information on this programme including price, discount, date, location, faculty, daily schedule and other details.
China Europe International Business School
Address: Suite 10A, Taihua Wutong Industrial Park,
Gushu Development Zone, Hangcheng sub-district,
Baoan, Shenzhen, 518126, P.R.C.
Telephone: (0755) 3699 5121
Mobile: (86) 136 3167 7116
This course aims to provide top decision-makers and their senior executive team with deep insights into the key issues arising from the digital transformation of enterprises, including those related to strategy, process, technology, organisation, innovation, supply chain and marketing. During the course, classroom lectures will be combined with presentations by authoritative scholars and/or industry leaders, group-based case discussions, and our Real Situation Learning MethodTM (RSLMTM) to help participants develop digital thinking and explore opportunities for digital transformation.
This course will deliver participants a well-rounded learning experience to help them:
- Understand the roadmap required for digital transformation
- Get rid of typical misconceptions about “digitisation” and promote digital innovation in a lean manner
- Expand their understanding of “data-based” management and decision-making tools, and how to make full use of an enterprise’s data assets in order to gain competitive advantages through differentiation
- Explore how to obtain new competitive advantages and achieve transformation and upgrading by selecting a supply chain strategy, building supply chain capabilities, applying digital technology, and performing an innovative service design
- Learn the key elements of business model innovation, and understand how digital technology drives supply chain integration and business model innovation to advance transformation and upgrading
- Develop forward-looking and systematic thinking about business operations and management in order to lead their enterprise through digital transformation, business model innovation, and sustainable development
- Promote business model innovation through digital collaboration in terms of marketing, supply chain, finance and talent management
- Gain the management wisdom and winning formula from the best digital practices of enterprises
- Gain membership to the CEIBS Alumni Association
This course comprises six modules, each lasting two to three days.
Module I: Digital Transformation: Strategy and Path
- Digital era: new thinking about enterprises
- “Challenges” and “opportunities” for enterprises
- The core of digital strategy
- A “roadmap” for corporate transformation
- Digital leadership
- Rethinking enterprises’ operation models
- Driving digital transformation with two wheels: improving the existing business and expanding new growth opportunities
- Challenges for and misunderstandings about corporate transformation
- The CEO’s guide to digital transformation
Module II: Information Technology and Digital Transformation
- Information technology and modern commerce
- Data-driven business value and intelligence
- Big data and artificial intelligence
- Business process management and ERP system
- IT investment and outsourcing management
- Digital transformation of enterprises and organisations
- Promote sustainable competitiveness through knowledge management
Module III: Digital Transformation of Enterprises and Organisations
Understanding trends for and characteristics and capability requirements of organisations and talent management in the digital era at the strategic level
- The development and application of cloud and platform services in organisational management
- An exploration of digital talent management in different areas
- Promoting business model innovation through digital organisation and talent management
Module IV: Digital Supply Chain and Business Model Innovation
Supply chain management amidst the COVID-19 outbreak
- Digital supply chain (A): collaborative innovation
- Digital supply chain (B): omni-channel
- Supply chain and business model innovation (A): digital technology applications
- Supply chain and business model innovation (B): supply chains + ecosystems
- Summary and suggestions for improvement: the supply chain innovation of Chinese enterprises (paths and models)
Module V: New Supply Chain Ecosystem in the Era of the Industrial Internet
An introduction to Haier’s digital innovation
- New supply chain ecosystems in the era of the industrial internet
- Financial services across digital supply chains from core enterprises
- Enterprises in Haier’s ecosystem (A): machinery/gourmet industry (TBD)
- Enterprises in Haier’s ecosystem (B): Compaks (TBD)
- Reflection and recap
Note: In light of the dynamics of Haier’s ecosystem, we will select the enterprises that are most worthy of learning for participants before class.
Module VI: Digital Marketing
An overview of digital marketing in China
- Digital marketing practices in China
- Reflection and recap
Trend Micro Inc.
Applications are requested at least 30 days before the programme start date. Applications are reviewed as they arrive and admissions are subject to the final confirmation of CEIBS. Any applications received after that date will be considered on the basis of space availability. For more information, please contact our Customer Service Team in Shanghai, Beijing or Shenzhen.
Any cancellation made 30 days or more prior to the programme start date is eligible for a full refund of programme fees paid. However, the expenses arising therefrom shall be for the account of the applicant or his/her employer. Any cancellation made less than 30 days prior to the programme start date shall be subject to a fee of 20 percent of the total programme fee. After the programme starts, no fees shall be refunded for participants who withdraw from the programme for any reason.
To ensure the continuity of your learning, you are required to make proper arrangements according to the course schedule after receiving your letter of enrollment. We will neither make up lessons for you nor confer you with the certificate of completion if you are absent from the course for personal reasons. CEIBS reserves the right to amend information on this programme including price, discount, date, location, faculty, daily schedule and other details.