Faculty & Research
Faculty & Research
Adjunct Professor of Management, CEIBS
Prof. Eric Bouteiller is an Adjunct Professor of Management at CEIBS. He received his Ph.D. in Organisational Sociology from the National Institute of Oriental Languages and Civilizations in France. He co-founded Jumo Partners who advises international companies and organizations in their development in China and Asia. Before joining CEIBS, he was General Manager of Ipsen China (2001–2011). He was then promoted as Senior Vice President for Asia Operations leading Asian markets for Consumer HealthCare (2012-2017). In 1989, he joined HEC Eurasia Institute, a think tank of the HEC School of Management, where he took part in setting up Asian and Chinese strategies for several French and European companies. He was initially in charge of Research, and then became Deputy Director of HEC Eurasia Institute.
Prof. Bouteiller is involved in several prominent business organisations in China. He was Chairman of the Pharmaceutical Working Group of ‘European Union Chamber of Commerce in China’ (EUCCC) (2003-2008). He was also one of the founders of Tianjin Chapter of the EUCCC which he also chaired from 2008 to 2011. He co-founded the ‘French HealthCare Alliance for China’ (2013-2014), who brings together all French companies investing in China. He served as Vice Chairman (2011-2015) then Chairman (2016-2017) of the ‘Research & Development based Pharmaceutical Association in China’ (RDPAC). He designed and launched the “Coalition for Innovation” with domestic associations which actively supported the new drug policy in China. Bouteiller is a French Trade Advisor since 2007.
Prof. Bouteiller’s research mainly focuses on corporate strategy and public policies for pharmaceutical and healthcare industries, cross-border investment and strategy, economic development and Asian business.
- 2017, Certified Independent Director, Institute of Director, United Kingdom
- 2001, Ph.D. in Organizational Sociology, National Institute of Oriental Languages and Civilizations (INALCO), France
- 1987, M.A. in History, University of Social Sciences of Strasbourg (USHS), France
- Business Strategy and Public Policies for Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare Industries
- Cross-border Investment and Strategy
- Economic Development and Asia Business
- Pharmaceutical Industry in Global and China context
- Healthcare business - Theory and Practice