Start Date: July 12, 2017 afternoon
Gain membership in the CEIBS Alumni Association. Learn More
Current CFO and Finance Director may be exempt from the interview.
Programme Fee includes tuition, case licensing fees, lunches, stationery, other course materials, interpretation and translation fees if required, and accommodations in Shanghai.
The full fee must be paid within two weeks upon receipt of the payment notice. Applications made within 30 days of the start of a programme require immediate payment. Any successful applicant for programmes offered by CEIBS Executive Education Department via the official website will be entitled to a 1,000-yuan discount per programme. CEIBS reserves the right to amend information on this programme including price, discount, date, location, faculty, daily schedule and other details.
Along with the rapid progress and continuing capitalization of companies, CFOs will no longer be mere chief accountants. While handling financial affairs, CFOs will need to play a critical role in formulating and implementing strategies based on their company’s operations model to ensure a sustained growth in enterprise value. Thus, it is imperative for CFOs to expand their scope of knowledge and build up their capabilities. CEIBS CFO Programme will cover macroeconomic analysis, M&As, financial statements and information disclosure, taxation management, effective cost control, and performance assessment to reshape CFOs as CEO’s major strategic partner by equipping them with up-to-date theory and strategic thinking.
Note: Please make sure you have Windows Media Player installed on your computer to view the videos.
One of the most significant changes in the role of CFO is from process control to full engagement. The programme is designed to help participants realize the role transformation and provide them with necessary skills and effective tools.
The programme is tailor-made for CFOs, finance directors, and senior-level finance managers with at least 8 years of management experience, and for those who are assuming the role of a strategic partner to the CEO or other top decision-making posts in organisations. The programme will also be valuable to board members who intend to enhance their finance knowledge so as to make better decisions.
Module 1: Financial Statements and Tax Management: Changes, Challenges and Trends（July 13-16, 2017, Shanghai）
Recent years have seen dramatic changes in financial statements in both content and format, which has significant influence on the role of CFO. Nowadays, while keeping an eye on sensitive internal financial problems where the risks and opportunities often coexist, CFOs are required to have powerful tools in hand to decode their rivals’ financial positions. With corporate accounting scandals increasing world-widely in recent years, the capital market regulators are focusing on financial disclosure and corporate governance. Therefore, CFOs should pay sufficient attention to possible influence of new relevant policies on their businesses. In addition, this module explores tax management and tax risk to help CFOs sharpen their competencies in tax planning, management and risk control.
This module includes the following contents:
- Evolution of accounting standards
- Accounting gray area
- Financial statement analysis
- Corporate governance
- Financial information disclosure and investor relations
- Auditing and internal control
- Theoretical and methodological guidance for tax planning
- Relationships between business process and taxation
- Corporate precautions against tax risk
- The tax management models
Module 2: Financial Decisions Aligning with Corporate Strategy（August 10-13, 2017, Beijing）
China’s rapid export-driven economic growth is losing its momentum due to the external economic crisis, increasing internal production costs, and abuse and exhaustion of resources. What’s more, the frequently exposed scams like melamine contamination in dairy industry, plasticizer crisis in food industry, and DaVinci furniture scandal in furniture industry have challenged the baseline of business ethics, which is destroying the businesses and the industries. How can a CFO help his/her CEO make effective strategic decisions by interpreting economic indicators, identifying economic signals and forecasting future economic trends properly while adhering to rigorous ethical and professional standards? To do this, CFOs are required to go beyond the traditional financial accounting mindset and get more visionary and insightful, reviewing the operation of the enterprise from a brand-new perspective. This module covers the following issues:
- The global economic crisis
- Economic growth and development---long-term issues
- Economic growth and development---short-term issues
- Sources of competitiveness
- Financial and strategic analysis
- The financial impact of strategic decisions
- Value creation management
- Translating strategy selection into financial indices
- Value creation and business strategy
Module 3: Business Decision-making & Mergers and Acquisitions in an Uncertain Environment (September 20-23, 2017, Shanghai)
The global economic turbulence in recent years has presented unprecedented challenges to CFOs: Should a company accumulate strength for economic recovery by vigorously developing a robust finance system to smoothly get through the upheavals? Or should it take the opportunity to make right investment decisions and achieve business growth in spite of the economic downturn? From the perspectives of decision sciences and psychology, the Module will analyze how CFOs can make wise business decisions amid growing uncertainties in business environment. The M&A theory and skills will also be introduced to students so that they can efficiently leverage financial instruments for valuation and decision-making.
- Decision-making amid uncertainties in business environment
- Global trends for M&As
- Motives and risks for M&As
- Stakeholders of M&As
- M&A process and performance assessment
- Valuation in M&As
- Opportunities and pitfalls for Chinese companies’ overseas M&As
- Reverse takeover
Module 4: Strategic Thinking over Executive Performance and Financial Risks in the Internet Age (November 2-5, 2017, Shanghai)
As the world’s second largest economy, China has been highly integrated with global markets. Risks follow hard on the heels of Chinese companies’ move into the international arena to grab business opportunities. Given the volatile global financial market, foreign exchange risk control is indispensable for corporate risk management. Owing to an omission or underestimation, corporate profit will soon go up in smoke. How will the new driving force based on Internet Plus produce a disruptive or catfish effect on the financial market monopolized by traditional financial institutions? For CFOs, executive performance assessment and compensation system design has long been a hard nut to crack. The Module will probe into the aforesaid issues from a strategic perspective to help CFOs efficiently exercise cost and risk control and conduct performance assessment. The Module will cover:
- Market-driven organizational design
- Organizational design and performance assessment and motivation mechanism
- Approaches to tailor-made executive compensation systems
- Corporate transition and internal innovation: Chinese-style partnership
- Finance, Chinese-style finance and Interne finance
- Online sales of financial products
- Interne finance and financial Internet
- Prospects for Internet finance
- Foreign exchange derivatives
- Parity in international finance
- Risk identification and assessment
- Controlling foreign exchange risks in international trade and investment/financing
Module 5: Electives
As managers of corporate strategy and the “pivots” of corporate value management, CFOs have emerged as strategic partners to CEOs. All these require CFOs to develop excellent financial expertise, as well as general management skills. Therefore, this programme includes an optional module which covers core topics like strategy, leadership, negotiation and decision-making, marketing, etc. Participants are allowed to, based on their own needs, choose from a range of open-enrollment programmes at CEIBS as follows:
- Developing a Strategic Mindset
- Strategy Execution New
- Platform Strategy and Transformation
- Building Organisational Capability for Strategic Implementation
- Game Theory in Practice: How to Compete and Cooperate More Effectively?
- New Perspectives on Strategy in an Ever-Changing World
- Integrating and Managing Acquisitions
- Innovation Strategy and Internet Impact
- Developing Innovative Organisation
- Making Transformation Happen
- The Psychology of Coaching Teams and Leading Organisation
- High Performance and Sustainable Leadership
- Proactive Leadership
- Women in Leadership Programme
NEGOTIATION & DECISION-MAKING
- Strategic Negotiation Programme
ORGANISATION & MANAGEMENT
- Strategic Thinking on Executive Performance Management
- Managerial Psychology in Practice
- Human Resources Management: Psychology, Human Nature and Culture
- Talent Management Programme
MARKETING & SALES
- Capturing Value from Customers: Keys to a Successful Monetization Strategy
- Supply Chain & Business Module Innovation in the Age of Internet New
Participants in the programme will:
- Broaden business vision and develop strategic thinking capability
- Enhance financial analysis and planning skills
- Become a real value-creator for the company by implementing value-based management
- Help the company earn credibility, especially among investors and shareholders
- Better leverage resources to maximize financial performance
- Be able to design a proper performance measurement system for strategic implementation
- Gain membership in the CEIBS Alumni Association to participate in alumni reunion activities and keep in touch with CFO programme alumni from time to time
Professor Xia, Dawei
Applications are requested at least 30 days before the programme start date. Applications are reviewed as they arrive and admissions are subject to the final confirmation of CEIBS. Any applications received after that date will be considered on the basis of space availability. For more information, please contact our Customer Service Team in Shanghai, Beijing or Shenzhen.
Any cancellation made 30 days or more prior to the programme start date is eligible for a full refund of programme fees paid. However, the expenses arising therefrom shall be for the account of the applicant or his/her employer. Any cancellation made less than 30 days prior to the programme start date shall be subject to a fee of 20 percent of the total programme fee. After the programme starts, no fees shall be refunded for participants who withdraw from the programme for any reason.
To ensure the continuity of your learning, you are required to make proper arrangements according to the course schedule after receiving your letter of enrollment. We will neither make up lessons for you nor confer you with the certificate of completion if you are absent from the course for personal reasons. CEIBS reserves the right to amend information on this programme including price, discount, date, location, faculty, daily schedule and other details.
Ms. Sindy Xu
699 Hongfeng Road, Pudong, Shanghai, 201206, P.R.C.
Tel: (86 21) 2890 5191
Mobile: 138 0173 3183