Faculty & Research
Faculty & Research
Associate Professor of Management Practice
Academic Director of CEIBS eLab, CEIBS
Majid Ghorbani is an Associate Professor of Management Practice and Academic Director of CEIBS eLab at CEIBS. Prior to joining CEIBS, he was an Associate Professor of Management and the Academic Director of the International MBA Program at Renmin University of China. Dr. Ghorbani received his Ph.D. and Master’s degrees in Business Administration in International Business from Simon Fraser University and a B.L. of Law in International Politics from Peking University.
Dr. Ghorbani’s research interests mostly focus on the influence of government, policy and political systems on corporate social responsibility, and innovation and entrepreneurship strategies. His publications appear in numerous leading academic journals, including the Journal of Business Ethics, Management and Organization Review, and International Business Review, among others. As the winner of teaching awards from universities in China and Canada, Dr. Ghorbani’s courses, Strategic Management, Entrepreneurship & Innovation in China, Corporate Global Strategy, and Qualitative Case Study Research Methods, are welcomed by students at all levels.
Dr. Ghorbani also has more than 15 years of work and consulting experience. He has helped for-profit firms and not-for-profit organizations develop internationalization and global strategies and implement technology upgrades such as digitalization. He has worked with various United Nations organizations in China, developing and implementing projects to achieve sustainable development (predecessor of SDGs) through technology. With extensive practical and academic knowledge, Dr. Ghorbani participated in several bilateral and multilateral public-private partnership projects.
- 2012 Ph.D. in Business Administration in International Business, Simon Fraser University
- 2004 M.B.A. in International Business, Simon Fraser University
- 1996 B.L. in Law in International Politics, Peking University
- Corporate Social Responsibility Strategy
- Corporate Innovation and Entrepreneurship Strategy
- The Influence of Government Relations, Policy, and Political Systems on Firms’ CSR, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship Strategies
- Corporate Social and Environmental Responsibility
- International Business Strategy
- Cross-Cultural Management