INNOVATEChina 2018 Business Proposal Competition
Date: 24th, March 2018
Venue: China Europe International Business School (CEIBS), Shanghai, China
Theme: (Re)Inventing Entrepreneurship
I am writing on behalf of China Europe International Business School (CEIBS) to invite your MBA students to participate in the INNOVATEChina 2018 Business Plan Competition which will be held in Shanghai, China. The final stage will be on March 24, 2018. The theme of INNOVATEChina 2018 is (Re) Inventing Entrepreneurship.
This year INNOVATEChina will provide a USD 10,000 cash prize for the winning team.
Participants are required to formulate a business plan focusing on innovative solutions for daily life problems. The business plan will be assessed on its creativity, originality, financial potential and feasibility. Finalists will be coached by McKinsey before the final stage presentation. All finalists will have the opportunity to communicate with venture capitalists on potential investment.
Interested participants must register for the competition and submit their business plans along with the application form to email@example.com by February 9th, 2018 (by 23:59 Shanghai time).
- Teams of 3-4 people
- At least 2 first year MBA students (MBA students who would not graduate by the end of March 2018).
Business Plan Requirement
- In English
- PowerPoint: maximum 10 slides
- Demo or Video: Not mandatory, but we encourage you to include it for clarification
- 08:30-09:00 Registration
- 09:00-09:10 Opening Speech
Dr. Weijiong Zhang Vice President and Co-Dean, CEIBS
- 09:10-09:25 Keynote Speech
Keith Ng, Executive Director, Head of Strategy and Innovation, Santander Asia Pacific
- 09:25-09:35 Final Team Introduction
- 09:35-10:50 Team Presentations (1-3)
- 10:50-11:10 Tea Break and networking
- 11:10-12:10 Panel discussion –Business Model Innovations
- 12:10-12:25 Keynote Speech:
Jane Zhang, Founder & CEO of ShellPay
- 12:25-13:40 Lunch & Workshop & Product showcase
- 13:40-13:50 Lucky Draw
- 14:00-15:15 Team Presentations (4-6)
- 15:15-15:35 Tea break & Product showcase
- 15:35-16:35 Panel discussion –Fintech Innovations
- 16:35-17:00 Award Ceremony, Luck Draw & Closing Speech
- Keith Ng, Executive Director, Head of Strategy and Innovation, Santander Asia Pacific
- Jane Zhang, Founder & CEO of ShellPay
Prizes and Awards
Prizes are as follows:
- First prize: USD 10,000
- Second prize: USD 5,000
- Third prize: USD 1,000
Finals will take place at the CEIBS Shanghai campus on March 24, 2018. Accommodations during the competition and flight fees will be subsidized up to USD 2,500 per team based on your region.
- Email: : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find more details in: http://www.ceibs.edu/innovatechina/index.html
To ensure we have a seamless communication with your school, we would welcome one or two persons to be our main contact. We would be very grateful if you could communicate this message to all students. If you would like any further details or clarifications, please feel free to contact us at any time at our email: email@example.com.
We look forward to participation from your school.
INNOVATEChina 2018 Organising Team
China Europe International Business School (CEIBS)
Established in 2008, INNOVATEChina is a leading global business plan competition hosted by CEIBS (ranked #1 in Asia by Forbes and BusinessWeek, #8 FT Global MBA Ranking 2018). In 2018 INNOVATEChina is sponsored by Santander Bank and Shell Pay, and supported by McKinsey and Mobike, and asks teams to develop innovative Business Plans in FinTech, Education and Life Services. More than just a competition, INNOVATEChina aims at providing a platform to CONNECT the innovative minds of global business schools with the vast experience of industry experts and venture capitalists in China, in order to DELIVER entrepreneurial spirit and REALISE their ideas.
Santander (SAN SM, STD US, BNC LN) is a leading global retail and commercial bank with a relevant market share in 10 core countries in Europe and the Americas. Santander is among the world’s top banks by market capitalisation. Founded in 1857, Santander had EUR 1.52 trillion in managed funds, 12,500 branches and 190,000 employees.