Faculty & Research
Faculty & Research
Associate Professor of Finance, CEIBS
Research Area Director of Digital Age Management
Dr. Viktar Fedaseyeu is an Associate Professor of Finance at CEIBS. Prior to joining CEIBS, he was an Assistant Professor in Finance Department at Bocconi University. Since 2012, Dr. Fedaseyeu has also served as a visiting scholar at the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
Dr. Viktar Fedaseyeu’s research interests are in the areas of corporate finance, political economy, and consumer finance. His most recent work studies the intended and unintended consequences of firms’ interactions with the political system as well as the determinants of corporate political participation. Prof. Fedaseyeu’s research has been featured in highly influential international media outlets such as the New York Times, the Washington Post, the Boston Globe and the Harvard Business Review and has been published in major international scientific journals such as the Journal of Financial Economics, Review of Financial Studies, Management Science, and Journal of Corporate Finance.
Dr. Viktar Fedaseyeu’s teaching interests include corporate finance and financial markets. While at Bocconi University, he was a two-time recipient of the Teaching Excellence Award. He received his PhD in Finance from Boston College and his B.S. in Economics from Belarus State Economic University.
- 2011, Ph.D. in Finance, Boston College, USA
- 2006, B.S. in Economics, Belarus State Economic University, Belarus
- Executives in Politics (with Ilona Babenko and Song Zhang), 2022, Forthcoming at Management Science.
- Debt Collection Agencies and the Supply of Consumer Credit, 2020, Journal of Financial Economics 138, 193-221.
- Do CEOs Affect Employees' Political Choices? (with Ilona Babenko and Song Zhang), 2020, Review of Financial Studies 33, 1781-1817.
- A Theory of Corporate Boards and Forced CEO Turnover (with Thomas Chemmanur), 2018, Management Science 64, 4798-4817.
- Do Qualications Matter? New Evidence on Board Functions and Director Compensation (with James Linck and Hannes Wagner), 2018, Journal of Corporate Finance 48, 816-839.
- A Theory of Inefficient College Entry and Excessive Student Debt (with Vitaliy Strohush), 2018, The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy 18(1).
- Corporate Finance
- Political Economy
- Household Finance
- Theory of Corporate Finance
- Financial Markets and Institutions
2022-10-03 Chinese language media sources more useful for understanding implicit business regulations, writes Prof Viktar Fedaseyeu in article for The Diplomat
2022-02-07 Prof Viktar Fedaseyeu discusses why already cashless China is moving towards a digitial currency with Globe and Mail
2021-11-15 Prof Viktar Fedaseyeu quoted in Handelsblatt report on new stock exchange in Beijing
2021-09-13 Opening up Ant's data could be beneficial for all parties, Prof Viktar Fedaseyeu tells Handlesblatt (in German)
2021-03-29 Prof Viktar Fedaseyeu discusses Chinese fintech regulation
2021-02-01 Do CEOs Affect Employees’ Political Choices?
2020-05-26 Perceptions of Corporate Social Responsibility during the Covid-19 Epidemic