Developing a Strategic Mindset
Date: December 10-12, 2021
Note: Due to the epidemic, the actual starting time for the courses shall be subject to the notice from the class coordinator.
The programme is recommended for middle managers with at least 3 years of management experience, including department managers, regional directors and business unit leaders.
This programme aims at acquainting participants with the knowledge, skills, roles and responsibilities required of a modern manager in the field of strategic management. It covers internal and external environment analysis, definition of core competence, and theories and practices concerning business-level strategy, corporate-level strategy, acquisition & restructuring strategy and strategic leadership, which will help participants gain a profound understanding of key concepts about corporate strategy, demonstrate strategic thinking, and develop abilities to formulate and implement business strategies.
- A model of strategic management elements
- External environment analysis
- Industry environment: Five Forces Model
- Sustainability of competitive advantages
- Core competence and strategy
- Rivalry analysis
- Business-level and corporate-level strategy
- A classification of diversification strategy
- Acquisition and restructuring strategy
- Motivation and problems of acquisition
- Cooperative strategy
- Strategic leadership and strategic management process
- Implementation of effective strategic leadership
- Relationship between effective corporate culture and strategy implementation
- Social influence of corporate value chains
A certificate of completion will be awarded
Programme Fee includes tuition, case licensing fees, lunches, stationery, other course materials, interpretation and translation fees if required. The full fee must be paid within two weeks upon receipt of the payment notice. Applications made within 30 days of the start of a programme require immediate payment. CEIBS reserves the right to amend information on this programme including price, discount, date, location, faculty, daily schedule and other details.
Associate Professor of Strategy, CEIBS
Programme Director of Diploma in Leadership Development Programme
Programme Co-Director of CEIBS Venture Capital Camp
The programme is designed to equip participants with the knowledge and skills required of a modern manager in the field of strategic management, and develop their abilities to consider problems in a holistic approach and apply analysis tools systematically.
Participants in this programme will be able to:
- Make an in-depth analysis of the macro environment, industry structure and competitors;
- Learn appropriate methodologies for formulating strategies at various levels of the company, especially competitive strategy and growth strategy;
- Understand the social influence of business ethics and corporate value chains;
- Identify core competencies through analysis of internal and external value chains;
- Integrate the value chains vertically or laterally;
- Know how to make SWOT analysis for diversification strategy;
- Learn to analyze pros and cons of different expansion modes and their application to various businesses;
- Gain insight into strategic leadership necessary to drive business growth.
- General Environment and Strategy
- Case study: Best Buy in China
- External Environment and Strategy
- Case study: Mamma Mia! Made in China—Challenges Facing the Musical Industry
- Internal Environment and Strategy
- Case study: Starbucks
- Business and Corporate Level Strategy
- Case study: Blossom Hill Hotels & Resorts – Growing Vigorously
- Case study: Yunnan Baiyao
- Acquisition and Restructuring Strategy
- Case study: L'Oreal: Expansion in China and China's Cosmetics Industry 2005
- Strategic Leadership
- Case study: GE's Two-Decade Transformation
- Corporate Culture, Values and Ethics
- Case study: Sinyi Real Estate
We reserve the right to adjust the course information (including price, date, location, faculty, course arrangement and other details)
Applications are requested at least 30 days before the programme start date. Applications are reviewed as they arrive and admissions are subject to the final confirmation of CEIBS. Any applications received after that date will be considered on the basis of space availability. For more information, please contact our Customer Service Team in Shanghai, Beijing or Shenzhen.
Any cancellation made 30 days or more prior to the programme start date is eligible for a full refund of programme fees paid. However, the expenses arising therefrom shall be for the account of the applicant or his/her employer. Any cancellation made less than 30 days prior to the programme start date shall be subject to a fee of 20 percent of the total programme fee. After the programme starts, no fees shall be refunded for participants who withdraw from the programme for any reason.
To ensure the continuity of your learning, you are required to make proper arrangements according to the course schedule after receiving your letter of enrollment. We will neither make up lessons for you nor confer you with the certificate of completion if you are absent from the course for personal reasons. CEIBS reserves the right to amend information on this programme including price, discount, date, location, faculty, daily schedule and other details.