In the 22 years since its launch, the China Europe International Business School (CEIBS) has solidified its reputation as the leading international business school in Asia. CEIBS is the first Asia-based business school that has achieved top-tier global rankings for its MBA, EMBA and Executive Education programmes, and is the first business school in mainland China that has earned an internationally recognised EQUIS accreditation.
Top-tier global rankings
Despite its young age of just 22 years, the CEIBS MBA Programme has ranked within the Top 25 of the Financial Times' annual global business school survey for 12 consecutive years (2005-2016). The Global EMBA Programme is ranked #13 (2016). For specific details, see below.
CEIBS MBA Programme:
- #1 in Asia, #11 globally full-time MBA Programme (2017): Financial Times
- #1 in Asia, #4 globally among 2-year programmes outside the US, 2015: Forbes Magazine
- #1 in China 2011, 2007 & 2006 (3 consecutive surveys): Bloomberg Businessweek China
- #1 "Most Valuable Full-time MBA Programme in China" (for five consecutive surveys in 2005-2007, 2010, 2012): Forbes China
- #24 full-time MBA in the world (2016): Bloomberg Businessweek
- "Best Business School in China" (2014, 2011, 2010, 2009): Eduniversal (award chosen by 1,000 international b-school deans)
- #9 among "Top B-schools in Asia/Australasia" (2011) QS Top MBA
- #15 among Best International Schools - Poets & Quants 2016
CEIBS Global EMBA Programme:
- Top 20 Globally for 7 Consecutive Years, #13 in 2016: Financial Times
CEIBS Executive Education Combined Ranking:
- #25 worldwide (2016): Financial Times
CEIBS Executive Education Open Enrolment Programme:
- #22 worldwide (2016): Financial Times
CEIBS Executive Education Company Specific Programme (CSP):
- #38 worldwide (2016): Financial Times
(For more details, please see Financial Times Ranking.)
In December 2008, CEIBS received accreditation from AACSB International (the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business). Founded in 1916, AACSB International is the longest serving global accrediting body for business schools that offer undergraduate, master's, and doctoral degrees in business and accounting.
CEIBS now holds the distinction of having received accreditation from the US and European standard accrediting bodies.
In 2004, CEIBS received international accreditation from the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS), making it the first school in mainland China to receive this international accreditation. EQUIS is a renowned international system of quality assessment, improvement, and accreditation of higher education institutions in management and business administration.
In 2007, EQUIS awarded CEIBS with renewal of its accreditation. The new EQUIS certificate ensured CEIBS' accreditation for five years. Accreditation was renewed in 2012, for another 5 years.
In 2002, the Academic Degree Committee of the State Council of China formally recognised the CEIBS MBA degree.