Women in Leadership Programme
Date: October 31 - November 3, 2022
Note: Due to the epidemic, the actual starting time for the courses shall be subject to the notice from the class coordinator.
Women from middle or senior management, who have minimum 5-year management experience and wish to elevate their leadership development while maintaining a proper balance between family and work, will benefit from this programme. Male participants in senior management or executive roles who wish to better understand the gender differences, how to leverage this uniqueness to greater corporate success and foster a strong developmental platforms of their female colleagues, will also benefit from a deeper understanding of the issues covered in this programme. We encourage supervisors or subordinators of female managers to attend as it will help to facilitate greater mutual understanding.
Rapid economic development over the past three decades has set up a huge stage for Chinese female players to bring their potentials into full play. Although many of them have had a burst of energy and displayed charm on this stage, those who have played a leading role are still few and far between. According to statistics, female executives account for around 20% of the management in a company. In the newly-announced 400-person Forbes China Rich List, females only account for 7%, while in Forbes 100 Most Powerful Women in the World, there are only five Chinese women included. What on earth are the restrictions for Chinese female to further their career development and exert their influence in a much broader field?
- Women in today’s world
- Different voices
- Journey to growth
- Leadership attributes
- Art of balance
- Professional renaissance
- Psychology of gender
- Breaking through glass ceiling in career advancement
- Career development
- Career designing and human resources management
- Female entrepreneurship
- Choice and change
A certificate of completion will be awarded
Programme Fee includes tuition, case licensing fees, lunches, stationery, other course materials, interpretation and translation fees if required. The full fee must be paid within two weeks upon receipt of the payment notice. Applications made within 30 days of the start of a programme require immediate payment. CEIBS reserves the right to amend information on this programme including price, discount, date, location, faculty, daily schedule and other details.
LEE, SIEW KIM JEAN
Professor of Management
Michelin Chair in Leadership and Human Resources Management
Co-Director, CEIBS Centre for Family Heritage
The programme is designed to motivate and enhance managerial skills and leadership of woman managers and executives, launch an in-depth discussion on how to release their potential and cope with the unique challenges of woman leaders in a cultural and corporate context.
Participants in this programme will be able to:
- Gain a clear understanding of your own leadership style and management potential, learn to foster strengths and circumvent weaknesses in management practice and live in harmony with male peers as well as superiors and subordinates
- Set a well-defined goal, make clear pursuit in life and work out an effective strategic plan
- Develop a global mindset, broaden horizons, and explore upside potentials of females in management and leading positions
- Learn how to release and adjust pressure, consider pressure from a positive perspective, and bravely meet with challenges
- Allocate your time effectively and channel your energy wisely to balance career development with family life
- The New Choice and Role of Women Under Globalised Economy
- Opportunities & Challenges Arising from Globalised Economy
- A New Perspective of Women’s Traditional & Modern Roles
- Women’s Choice
- Journey to Growth
- Discovering Yourself: Personality Analysis & Mental Model
- Journey to Growth: Family and Cultural Influence
- Leadership Attributes
- The Art of Leadership & Team Building
- Rigid Leadership vs. Flexible Leadership
- Developing Your Leadership Style
- Leadership Assessment & Feedback
- Art of Balance between Career and Family & Professional Renaissance
- Family & Career: Choice & Balance
- Role Management: Kernel & Keystone
- Relation Network: Making Choice out of Love
- Communication Skills: Interpersonal Relationship & Communication Psychology
- Self Management: Emotion & Stress Management
- Self Fulfillment: Pursuit of Excellence
- Art of Balance between Career and Family & Professional Renaissance (continued)
- Leadership Assessment & Feedback
- Self Cognition & Growth
- Group Counseling & Discussion
- Psychology of Gender
- Women’s Leadership in the Eyes of Men & Women
- Career Role Interaction between Men & Women
- Expectations on Men’s & Women’s Family Roles
- Workplace Gender Discrimination
- Breaking through Glass Ceiling in Career Advancement
- Cracking Workplace Glass Ceiling
- Selecting Career Advancement Ladder
- Identifying Your Career Facilitator
- Career Guidance for Young Women
- Career Designing & Human Resources Management
- Human Resources Support System
- Performance Management
- Career Planning
- Building Family-friendly Work Environment for Employees
- Female Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurial Motives
- Entrepreneurial Partners
- Family, Work and Community
- Gains & Pains in Starting a Business
- Decision Making
- Between Gain & Loss, Give & Take
- Wrap-up: Choice & Change
- Power of Change
- Believing in Choice
- Wisdom of Changing Yourself - A Mirror Philosophy
- Taking Initiative to Make A Change - transform
- A Well-balanced Success - Becoming Different
- Pursuit of Life - What Do You Want?
We reserve the right to adjust the course information (including price, date, location, faculty, course arrangement and other details)
Johnson & Johnson Medical (China) Ltd.
Aptar (Suzhou) Dispensing Systems Co., Ltd.
Deputy General Manager of General Administration Dept.
China Mobile Group Guangdong Co., Ltd. Shenzhen Branch
Vice General Manager
Hubei Mailyard I/E Trade Co., Ltd.
Associate Medical Director
Eli Lilly China
Applications are requested at least 30 days before the programme start date. Applications are reviewed as they arrive and admissions are subject to the final confirmation of CEIBS. Any applications received after that date will be considered on the basis of space availability. For more information, please contact our Customer Service Team in Shanghai, Beijing or Shenzhen.
Any cancellation made 30 days or more prior to the programme start date is eligible for a full refund of programme fees paid. However, the expenses arising therefrom shall be for the account of the applicant or his/her employer. Any cancellation made less than 30 days prior to the programme start date shall be subject to a fee of 20 percent of the total programme fee. After the programme starts, no fees shall be refunded for participants who withdraw from the programme for any reason.
To ensure the continuity of your learning, you are required to make proper arrangements according to the course schedule after receiving your letter of enrollment. We will neither make up lessons for you nor confer you with the certificate of completion if you are absent from the course for personal reasons. CEIBS reserves the right to amend information on this programme including price, discount, date, location, faculty, daily schedule and other details.