Finance for Non-financial Executives Programme
Date: August 21-24, 2021
Note: Due to the epidemic, the actual starting time for the courses shall be subject to the notice from the class coordinator.
This programme is designed for non-financial executives, from all disciplines, whose work involves financial discussion and decision-making processes. Previous participants have included directors and managers of various levels from the fields of administration, commerce, operation, logistics, sales, business development, customer services, engineering, human resources, marketing, merchandising, production, project management, quality assurance, internal and industrial control, energy market analysis and computer consultancy.
Financial statements interpretation is a tool used frequently to analyze a company’s historical performance and predict its prospects. To better understand a company’s financial statements, executives need to probe into its strategic path, business model, and operating patterns, and the accounting policy and procedures for financial statements preparation. This programme aims to help participants without a financial background probe into a company’s financial statements in light of external factors (e.g., economic landscape, industrial patterns, and effectiveness of monitoring and auditing) so as to assess its historical performance and current financial conditions.
This intensive four-day programme is designed to help participants more effectively apply financial information, understand the financial implications of their managerial decisions, and work alongside financial professionals. This programme will present not only financial expertise required for non-financial executives, but also a systematic and practical framework to analyze managerial issues from a financial perspective. Participants will learn how to formulate an optimal financial plan for their company, leverage external financing to jump-start its development, and make an effective strategic decision to boost corporate value.
- Financial Statements and their Analysis
- Short-Term Liquidity Analysis
- Liabilities and Off-Balance-Sheet Financing
- Company’s Decisions on Long-Term Investment
- Revenue Recognition
- Cash Flows and Working Capital
- Income Statement Analysis
- Corporate Growth and Financing
- Enterprise Value Management
A certificate of completion will be awarded
Programme Fee includes tuition, case licensing fees, lunches, stationery, other course materials, interpretation and translation fees if required. The full fee must be paid within two weeks upon receipt of the payment notice. Applications made within 30 days of the start of a programme require immediate payment. CEIBS reserves the right to amend information on this programme including price, discount, date, location, faculty, daily schedule and other details.
The objective of this programme is to equip participants with the financial skills that are prerequisites for success in today’s increasingly competitive environment. The programme will help participants communicate more effectively with people in financial areas, develop financial policies and better understand the effect of financial decisions on their company’s profitability.
Participants in this programme will learn how to:
- Understand the basics of financial statements and conduct a proper analysis
- Communicate more effectively with financial professionals
- Use financial information to improve managerial decisions
- Formulate an optimal financial plan for the company
- Leverage external financing to jump-start the company’s development
- Make an effective strategic decision to boost corporate value
- Programme Introduction
- Framework for Financial Analysis (Reliable Financial Data?)
- Tools for Financial Analysis (Corporate Profile)
- Case Analysis
- Short-Term Liquidity Analysis (The Way to Make Money Without Cost)
- Liabilities and Off-Balance-Sheet Financing (A Better Use of Finance Lease)
- Analysis of Long-Term Assets (Inter-period Expenses Allocation)
- Case Analysis
- Revenue Recognition (Consolidated Statements of Financial Performance)
- Cash Flow Statement Analysis (Cash Flow Matters)
- Income Statement Analysis (How Accounting Profits Compare with Cash flows)
- Case Analysis
- Growth and Investment
- Estimation of Shortfalls in Funds
- Case Analysis
- Discounted Cash Flow Model
- Comparative Company Analysis
- Case Analysis
We reserve the right to adjust the course information (including price, date, location, faculty, course arrangement and other details)
Zhejiang Lizhong Industrial Co Ltd
Manager of System Management
Guangxi Yinhe Avantis Wind Power Co., Ltd.
Joyson Investment Holding Co., Ltd.
Rohm and Haas (Shanghai) Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
Haemonetics Medical Devices (Shanghai) International Trading Co., Ltd.
Applications are requested at least 30 days before the programme start date. Applications are reviewed as they arrive and admissions are subject to the final confirmation of CEIBS. Any applications received after that date will be considered on the basis of space availability. For more information, please contact our Customer Service Team in Shanghai, Beijing or Shenzhen.
Any cancellation made 30 days or more prior to the programme start date is eligible for a full refund of programme fees paid. However, the expenses arising therefrom shall be for the account of the applicant or his/her employer. Any cancellation made less than 30 days prior to the programme start date shall be subject to a fee of 20 percent of the total programme fee. After the programme starts, no fees shall be refunded for participants who withdraw from the programme for any reason.
To ensure the continuity of your learning, you are required to make proper arrangements according to the course schedule after receiving your letter of enrollment. We will neither make up lessons for you nor confer you with the certificate of completion if you are absent from the course for personal reasons. CEIBS reserves the right to amend information on this programme including price, discount, date, location, faculty, daily schedule and other details.