Integrated China Strategy Project (ICSP)
The ICSP is a major part of the CEIBS MBA programme in which all second year students are required to participate. It is a high-level group consulting project which CEIBS MBA students undertake for CEIBS sponsor firms and others. Under the guidance of CEIBS senior faculty advisers and with the advice of senior company executive mentors, students work in teams to help companies to address important strategic issues from a new perspective and develop innovative, effective and practical solutions. It also provides students with insight into the realities of specific industries and specialisations that could help shape their career plans, and help them understand the unique challenges of operating in China's business environment.
- Develop the entry strategy for a new market.
- Evaluate business unit R&D portfolio.
- Improve and expand supplier relationships.
- Clarify competitive positioning for a business unit.
- Recommend entry options into a new business sector.
Previous MBA ICSP Sponsors (Partial List)
Business, Society & Environment (BSE)
The BSE project increases students' awareness and understanding of the links between business, society and environment. Special attention is given to the social and environmental challenges that emerge from China's rapid economic development. Students learn about tensions between economic growth and environmental sustainability, as well as efforts made by companies to develop more sustainable business models for the future. The course includes a project in which students join external stakeholders to develop plans for tackling some of China's most pressing sustainability concerns.
Recent projects include:
- Danone: Rural area baby nutrition and healthcare
- Nike: How can the social value system in China be changed to improve children's access to sports?
- Shanghai United Foundation: Effective Philanthropy of Grassroots NGO