Associate Professor of International Business and Strategy, CEIBS
Dr. Shameen Prashantham is Associate Professor of International Business and Strategy at CEIBS. Prior to that, he had been working at Nottingham University Business School China from 2011 and 2015 as Associate Professor in International Business & Strategy. Before joining NUBS China, Dr. Prashantham spent a decade in Scotland, UK, as a doctoral and post-doctoral researcher at Strathclyde University and then as Lecturer and latterly Senior Lecturer in International Business & Strategy at Glasgow University.
His research and teaching interests relate to international entrepreneurship and strategy. His research focuses on new venture internationalization, in particular how start-ups “dance with gorillas” i.e. partner with large multinationals as a means to improve their prospects of innovation and international expansion. He also has interests in strategy-as-practice. His work, undertaken in China, India, the UK and US, has been published in California Management Review, Entrepreneurship Theory & Practice, Journal of International Business Studies, Journal of Management Studies and Organization Studies, among other outlets. His latest book is Born Globals, Networks and the Large Multinational Enterprise: Insights from Bangalore and Beyond (London, Routledge, 2015).
- 2005, Ph.D, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK
- 2000, MSc, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK
- 1995, BA, Loyola College, University of Madras, India
- Network relationships between entrepreneurial ventures and large multinationals
- Social capital and the internationalization of small and new firms
- Episodic strategy-making
- International Entrepreneurship
- International Strategic Management
- Strategic Entrepreneurship
Born Globals, Networks and the Large Multinational Enterprise: Insights from Bangalore and Beyond (London, Routledge, 2015)