Strategic Thinking on Executive Performance Management
Date: October 20-21, 2022
Note: Due to the epidemic, the actual starting time for the courses shall be subject to the notice from the class coordinator.
Dedicated to linking theory and practice, the Programme is designed for all executives, CFOs and HR directors who are focused on the performance management system.
How do performance management tools enhance executives’ capability for strategic management? Executives are a driving force behind the performance management system and a significant determinant of the success of performance management. In reality, however, executives fail to design the overall performance solutions from the perspective of strategic objectives, due to misconceptions about performance management.
The Programme will fuse corporate strategy, performance assessment and incentives design with relevant management theory and practice, highlighting the significance of the theoretical architecture and other key factors in design and execution. In addition, the Programme will probe into the design and execution of the performance assessment and incentive system, and its synergy with corporate strategies, operations and HR management.
- Incentives design and the theoretical foundation of performance assessment and incentives
- Economic theory in performance incentives programs
- Performance indicators selection
- Forms of performance incentives programs
- Relative assessment vs. absolute assessment
- Individual incentive compensation vs. team incentive compensation
- Incentives for multiple tasks
- Piece rate vs. fixed salary
- Comparing salary raises, bonuses and promotions
- Departmental performance assessment and design
- Executive compensation design: bonus, stocks or options?
A certificate of completion will be awarded
Programme Fee includes tuition, case licensing fees, lunches, stationery, other course materials, interpretation and translation fees if required. The full fee must be paid within two weeks upon receipt of the payment notice. Applications made within 30 days of the start of a programme require immediate payment. CEIBS reserves the right to amend information on this programme including price, discount, date, location, faculty, daily schedule and other details.
Professor of Accounting
La Caixa Chair in Accounting
Co-Director of CEIBS Centre on China Innovation, CEIBS
The Programme aims to provide executives with a broad picture of the synergistic relationship between corporate strategy, and performance assessment and incentives. Participants will learn how to optimise the organisation’s internal control system so as to design and implement an efficient performance assessment and incentives programme.
- Understand the theoretical framework and design principles of performance incentives;
- Learn how to design an efficient performance assessment and incentives program;
- Grasp the correlation between salary composition and executives’ duties, and understand the different roles of salaries and bonuses;
- Understand the inherent relationships between corporate strategy, performance assessment and incentives, performance indicators selection and strategic HR management;
- Learn how to build synergies between strategic targets and performance assessment, incentive systems and organisational architecture;
Day 1: Performance assessment and incentives design
- Overview: performance assessment and incentives design
- Performance assessment and incentives design
- Five considerations for incentives design
- Economic theory for incentives design
- Case study: Safelite AutoGlass
- Economic theory application
- Case study: Nordstrom
Day 2: Performance assessment and incentives design: from theory to practice
- Salary raise, bonus or promotion?
- Different roles of salaries and bonuses
- Intensity of incentives
- Case study: Netflix
- Compensation design in the financial industry
- Case study: General Dynamics
We reserve the right to adjust the course information (including price, date, location, faculty, course arrangement and other details)
Applications are requested at least 30 days before the programme start date. Applications are reviewed as they arrive and admissions are subject to the final confirmation of CEIBS. Any applications received after that date will be considered on the basis of space availability. For more information, please contact our Customer Service Team in Shanghai, Beijing or Shenzhen.
Any cancellation made 30 days or more prior to the programme start date is eligible for a full refund of programme fees paid. However, the expenses arising therefrom shall be for the account of the applicant or his/her employer. Any cancellation made less than 30 days prior to the programme start date shall be subject to a fee of 20 percent of the total programme fee. After the programme starts, no fees shall be refunded for participants who withdraw from the programme for any reason.
To ensure the continuity of your learning, you are required to make proper arrangements according to the course schedule after receiving your letter of enrollment. We will neither make up lessons for you nor confer you with the certificate of completion if you are absent from the course for personal reasons. CEIBS reserves the right to amend information on this programme including price, discount, date, location, faculty, daily schedule and other details.