Date: September 24-25, 2021
Note: Due to the epidemic, the actual starting time for the courses shall be subject to the notice from the class coordinator.
This Programme is designed for senior executives who want to better understand strategy implementation and improve their ability to carry out a corporate strategy. This Programme will also provide a great deal of inspiration for new line-of-business managers and middle-to-top managers in a challenging environment in some organisations.
Strategy formulation and implementation, through which a company fulfills its vision and objectives, involves a strategic game between internal and external stakeholders. Companies may find their strategy does not work or is not well in place. According to relevant studies, although many companies possess an ambitious strategic intent, they fall short of their goals. When drawing up a strategy, what should executives take into consideration in terms of its implementation? Which key steps should they take when carrying out a strategy?
This Programme will introduce up-to-date ideas about strategy implementation to provide participants with deep insights into its complexity so that they can clearly know what they can contribute to the success of their company. Participants will need to engage in case discussions within a specific framework in order to gain more experience in strategy implementation. This Programme will cover such topics as executives’ strategic role, strategic transformation management, crisis management, fight against factionalism, and organisational shake-up.
- Strategy and role of strategy implementation
- Priorities in strategy implementation for different types of companies
- Management team integration
- Strategic transformation and organisational change
- Crisis management
A certificate of completion will be awarded
Programme Fee includes tuition, case licensing fees, lunches, stationery, other course materials, interpretation and translation fees if required. The full fee must be paid within two weeks upon receipt of the payment notice. Applications made within 30 days of the start of a programme require immediate payment. CEIBS reserves the right to amend information on this programme including price, discount, date, location, faculty, daily schedule and other details.
This Programme aims to help participants probe into the challenges in strategy implementation for different types of companies on each stage of development from the perspectives of economics, politics and epistemology so that they can come up with efficient solutions.
Participants, who have completed this Programme, will
- Know how to make a strategic choice based on an analysis of business environment;
- Gain a deep understanding of strategy implementation;
- Better understand the organisational design and architecture;
- Understand the challenges in strategy implementation for different types of companies on each stage of development;
- Gain profound insights into the rules of strategic game between a company’s internal and external stakeholders so as to seize an initiative in strategy management and implementation;
- Understand their and other executives’ pattern of thinking and misguided intuition to make a rational decision
- Strategy Implementation of a Startup: Stages of Development and Executive Team Integration
- CEIBS Case: Piron Smart Technology, a Private Company in Jiangsu, Parachutes a CEO from a Western Multinational
- Case Question: Despite its huge potential, Piron faces a grave talent shortage. Should it parachute a CEO from a western multinational?
- Strategy Implementation of a SOE: Strategic Transformation and Organisational Change
- CEIBS Case: Anhui Xinhua Distribution Group Holding Company: Cao Jie Takes Office
- Case Question: Rome was not built in a day. How should the SOE formulate and implement its strategy?
- Strategy Implementation of a Private Company: A Fight against Factionalism and the Role of Group Headquarters
- CEIBS Case: H Group’s Power Struggle with Subsidiaries: A Leave-of-Absence Letter from President
- Case Question: The company veterans tried to wrest power from the unwieldy and bureaucratic group. Should the headquarters tighten its control over subsidiaries?
- Strategy Implementation of a Chinese-Foreign Joint-Venture: Crisis Management and Relevant Interest Groups
- Case Question: 600 Employees Go on Strike on Day One of Joint-Venture
- Case Question: Should the joint-venture deal with the crisis in the Chinese way or in line with the international best practice?
We reserve the right to adjust the course information (including price, date, location, faculty, course arrangement and other details)
Applications are requested at least 30 days before the programme start date. Applications are reviewed as they arrive and admissions are subject to the final confirmation of CEIBS. Any applications received after that date will be considered on the basis of space availability. For more information, please contact our Customer Service Team in Shanghai, Beijing or Shenzhen.
Any cancellation made 30 days or more prior to the programme start date is eligible for a full refund of programme fees paid. However, the expenses arising therefrom shall be for the account of the applicant or his/her employer. Any cancellation made less than 30 days prior to the programme start date shall be subject to a fee of 20 percent of the total programme fee. After the programme starts, no fees shall be refunded for participants who withdraw from the programme for any reason.
To ensure the continuity of your learning, you are required to make proper arrangements according to the course schedule after receiving your letter of enrollment. We will neither make up lessons for you nor confer you with the certificate of completion if you are absent from the course for personal reasons. CEIBS reserves the right to amend information on this programme including price, discount, date, location, faculty, daily schedule and other details.