New Perspectives on Strategy in an Ever-Changing World
Note: Due to the epidemic, the actual starting time for the courses shall be subject to the notice from the class coordinator.
The programme is designed for top-tier decision makers in the company who are responsible for strategy planning and execution.
In the 21st Century, it is increasingly impossible to imagine any business being able to execute its strategy without the capabilities of advanced digital technologies. However, these new technologies have in many cases reduced the explanatory power of many traditional strategy concepts and at the same time have given firms new capabilities to exploit. Increasingly, understanding the strategic development opportunities that new technologies provide to a business is one of the key skills that an executive must possess in today’s operations. Understanding the strategic capabilities of technology and the strategic development opportunities they generate is the primary focus of this programme – both in terms of exploring the potential limitations of current strategy concepts and suggesting new strategic perspectives that are critical in a digital world.
The course will focus on the following issues. How does new digital technology effect:
- The way how companies define their strategies (in terms of the nature of process planning)
- Company’s views on sources of competitive advantages
- New industry structures (in particular, electronics markets)
- New organisational arrangements (networked organisation)
- Understanding changes in technology as a source of disruption to DCFs and other future earnings streams
- How to manage in technologically intensive environments
A certificate of completion will be awarded
Programme Fee includes tuition, case licensing fees, lunches, stationery, other course materials, interpretation and translation fees if required. The full fee must be paid within two weeks upon receipt of the payment notice. Applications made within 30 days of the start of a programme require immediate payment. CEIBS reserves the right to amend information on this programme including price, discount, date, location, faculty, daily schedule and other details.
In this programme, in-depth technological knowledge is not required. However, it will be paramount to develop a working knowledge of the impact of technology on business. Thus, we will explore the implications of certain types of hardware, software, and telecom developments on the ways that organisation thinks about competitors, strategy, organisational design, and the nature of management.
Participants on the programme will:
- Explore and shape necessary foundations of the business model that is critical for robust business growth
- Understand limitations of current strategy ideas in today’s globally enabled digital world
- Examine how to develop an organisation’s information footprint and its benefits
- Develop symbiotic strategies to take advantage of previously untapped opportunities
- Gain an integrative framework showing the interlocking nature of the technology industry and its impact on a firm’s strategy
- Understand linkage characteristics and their impact on technology application (key issues faced by businesses engaged in technology development and application)
- Learn how to achieve cost advantage without giving away the strategic capabilities for creating value in the future
- Gain principles of successful strategic planning for the 21st century that will assist companies absorb massive shocks and not only survive, but thrive
- Perspectives on Technology and Strategic Change
- Managing Technology in Today’s Organisation
- Industry Evolution
- The Changing Sources of Competitive Advantage
- Technology’s Impact on Industry and Firm Strategy
- 10 commandments for competing in turbulent imes
- Core competencies
- Understanding the Technology Ecosystem
- Mapping the technology peloton
- Technology, Rapid Change, Unpredictability and Strategic Planning
- Developing strategic shock absorbers-lessons from India & Dubai
We reserve the right to adjust the course information (including price, date, location, faculty, course arrangement and other details)
English with sequential Chinese interpretation
Applications are requested at least 30 days before the programme start date. Applications are reviewed as they arrive and admissions are subject to the final confirmation of CEIBS. Any applications received after that date will be considered on the basis of space availability. For more information, please contact our Customer Service Team in Shanghai, Beijing or Shenzhen.
Any cancellation made 30 days or more prior to the programme start date is eligible for a full refund of programme fees paid. However, the expenses arising therefrom shall be for the account of the applicant or his/her employer. Any cancellation made less than 30 days prior to the programme start date shall be subject to a fee of 20 percent of the total programme fee. After the programme starts, no fees shall be refunded for participants who withdraw from the programme for any reason.
To ensure the continuity of your learning, you are required to make proper arrangements according to the course schedule after receiving your letter of enrollment. We will neither make up lessons for you nor confer you with the certificate of completion if you are absent from the course for personal reasons. CEIBS reserves the right to amend information on this programme including price, discount, date, location, faculty, daily schedule and other details.