TEDxCEIBS 2017: RE(DE)FINE
April 14, 2017. Shanghai – Combining the TEDx spirit of “ideas worth spreading” with CEIBS signature "China Depth, Global Breadth”, the highly anticipated 5th annual TEDxCEIBS event will be held tomorrow at the CEIBS Pyramid on the Shanghai Campus.
Organized by CEIBS MBA students, this year’s TEDxCEIBS event brings together eight dynamic thought leaders who will share their ideas, insights and inspirations on what “RE(DE)FINE” means to them. The scheduled speakers are:
- Jinshi Fan, Honorary President of Dunhuang Research Institute;
- Xiao Xue (EMBA 2011), Chief Editor of ELLE China Magazine;
- Richard Brubaker, Founder & Managing Director of Collective Responsibility, Visiting Professor of Sustainability at CEIBS;
- Fei Deng (EMBA 2013), Editorial Board Member of Phoenix Weekly Magazine and founder of the Free Lunch for Children Programme
- Steven Hoffman, Founder of Founders Space (Start-Up Accelerator), Chair of Producers at Guild Silicon Valley Chapter, Board of Governors of the New Media Council, Founding member of the Academy of Television’s Interactive Media Group;
- Yongzhong Lv, Commissioner of China International Interior Design Association (CIID), Chairman of Lv Yongzhong Associates, Founder and Chief Designer of Banmoo;
- Edward Tse, Founder & CEO of Cao Feng Advisory Company, Former Chairman of Booz & Company for Greater China, Former Managing Partner of The Boston Consulting Group (China);
- Mingqiang Xu, Microsoft Chief Technology Officer for the Greater China Region;
“Through TEDxCEIBS we have managed to bring together eight inspirational leaders, each orchestrating change in their fields by refining business practises and redefining the DNA of a new China,” said Candice Hou (MBA2018), head of the 2017 TEDxCEIBS organizing committee. Hou, along with committee members Charlotte Li, Allen Liu, Caroline Zhu, Ernesto Chief, Jeremy Zhang, Summer Xia, Chris Pang, Celine Feng and Clinton Wong have been working for several months to deliver what they hope will be a memorable addition to the prestigious TEDxCEIBS event series.
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a programme of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection among a small group. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event, following requirements outlined by TED. The 2016 TEDxCEIBS conference featured eight inspirational talks from a variety of thought leaders on the topic of “Path”, highlights can be seen here.