Mastering South-East Asia Economies & Developing Economies
~ CEIBS GEMBA Global Elective
February 24, 2017. Indonesia – Four days of visits with decision makers from the world of business and the government, complemented by classroom lectures that explored the strategic steps needed to master emerging markets, made the CEIBS’ Global Executive MBA (GEMBA) global elective to Indonesia an event well worthy of participation. The module ends today.
Led by CEIBS Professor of Economics Bala Ramasamy whose field of expertise includes Asian Economies, the module focused on South-East Asia Economies and Developing Economies. Participants, highly competent executives (17 from CEIBS and 9 from IESE business school in Spain), learned alongside each other in Singapore for three days and in Jakarta for two. Classes included a half-day look at Business Strategies in Emerging Markets, taught by former CEIBS Dean Emeritus Professor Hellmut Schütte. Prof. Schütte, who was CEIBS Dean from 2013 – 2015, teaches and does research in the area of international business with a special focus on Asia and Emerging Markets.
During the four-day module, there were many opportunities for practical lessons on how to successfully navigate South-East Asia with visits to:
- Economic Development Board (Singapore), the lead government agency for planning and executing strategies to enhance Singapore's position as a global business centre.
- Kuehne + Nagel Group Singapore Logistics Hub
- Ministry of Industry (Indonesia)
- Trouw Nutrition, the largest premix company in Indonesia, offering innovative feed specialities and nutritional services for the animal nutrition and aquaculture industry.
- Kapal Api Group (food & beverage industry)
- CSIS Indonesia (Centre for Strategic and International Studies), and more.
Earlier this month, the GEMBA group was in India for a global elective that focused on Immersion in India for Business Success. It was the first time peers from CEIBS and IESE were coming together for a GEMBA module of this kind. The CEIBS GEMBA Asia track offers classes in Shanghai plus 4 global modules. In addition to two core global modules in the US and Europe, there are several global electives in India, Indonesia/Singapore, Zurich, Israel, São Paulo and Ghana.
The CEIBS GEMBA has been ranked Top 20 Globally for 7 Consecutive Years, and #13 in 2016 by the Financial Times.
Watch this video for more about how the CEIBS GEMBA can transform your career.
For more about how to register for the October 2017 class of the CEIBS Global EMBA Asia track see http://www.ceibs.edu/gemba/application.