Participants can pay the tuition fee in three instalments. CEIBS has also entered into an agreement with the Shanghai branch of China Merchants Bank, which allows Chinese mainland Global EMBA participants to apply for bank loans.
Frequently Asked Questions
If your application is not older than 2 years, you do not need to submit another application package. The materials will be transferred to this year's admission once you inform us that you wish to apply again.
An organisation's sponsorship is regarded as a demonstration of a student's ability to commit to full participation in the programme. All candidates thus need to obtain approval from current employers to take two working days off each month to attend classes. We encourage financial support from employers but do not require it.
Candidates are encouraged to take the Executive Assessment. The Executive Assessment is specifically designed to evaluate the business school readiness of seasoned professionals. The assessment focuses on skills that are critical both at work and in an EMBA program: higher order reasoning, critical thinking, analysis, and problem-solving. Because it was designed specifically for experienced professionals, it requires modest preparation, takes only 90 minutes to complete, and includes flexible rescheduling options. The test is administered by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC), creators of the GMAT® exam. Learn more about the Executive Assessment by visiting gmac.com/ea.
No preference will be given to either online applications or paper applications, though online applications will be dealt with more expediently.
If the applicant has a valid GMAT score and has submitted the complete application package to the Global EMBA office, a decision will be made about the interview within 30 working days upon the receipt of all materials. In this case, the interview may be scheduled before the application deadline.
The overall assessment of candidates is made after the Admission Committee reviews the admission test or GMAT score, application materials and the interview results. It is strongly recommended that the applicant clearly describes his/her career path and vision in the essay part of the application package so that the Admission Committee can have a clear picture of the applicant's career development.
The CEIBS Global EMBA programme is a master's degree programme. Every applicant has to take the Executive Assessment by GMAC. The Executive Assessment is specifically designed to evaluate the business school readiness of seasoned professionals. It focuses on the skills that are critical both at work and in an EMBA program: higher order reasoning, critical thinking, analysis, and problem-solving. And it requires modest preparation. Candidates can take the assessment year-round at over 600 conveniently located test centers around the world.
The Executive Assessment was specifically designed to evaluate the skills you have already acquired during your career. It focuses on the skills that are critical both at work and in an EMBA program: higher order reasoning, critical thinking, analysis, and problem-solving. And it includes just three short 30-minute sections with a total of 40 questions. Extensive preparation is not necessary, but we do strongly suggest that you review the question formats and practice using the sample questions listed HERE.
The CEIBS Admission Committee requires two letters of professional recommendations, with one from the applicant's current supervisor preferred. We prefer recommendations from people who can speak directly about your aptitude for, or accomplishments in, management. Thus, work-related recommendations are more valuable than academic ones.
Each year, we admit a small number of candidates who hold only an associate degree but have outstanding management experience in high-calibre managerial positions. Please submit a résumé to the Global EMBA office highlighting your career achievements. The admission committee will consider these achievements in assessing your application.
The Global EMBA starts in September every year, with a rolling based admission, meaning candidates can submit applications ANY TIME. The CEIBS admissions office will arrange an interview for you in about 2 weeks after your application is received. And you can schedule to take the Executive Assessment (the required test for admission; details HERE) at your own convenience. With the completion of that, you will be notified of the admission result in about 2 weeks. As admission to the programme is highly competitive, applications that are submitted close to the opening tend to be assessed against a much larger and more competitive pool, and therefore we encourage you to apply as early as possible for your best chance of admission.
Candidates should have a bachelor's degree or above and at least ten years working experience including a minimum of seven years at the managerial level. After submitting the application with the required documents, we will arrange candidates to take an interview, either in person in CEIBS's main campus in Shanghai or through Skype. Candidates need to register and schedule to take the Executive Assessment (details HERE) by themselves and have score report sent to us. With the completion of that, you will be notified of the admission result within 2 weeks.
Please refer to this link.
Participants must attend each course and pass the examination. Our programme does not require participants to write a thesis; instead they have to complete a group research project related to business practice. It is important to note that it will not be easier to complete a research project than a thesis.
CEIBS Global EMBA participants are conferred with a Master's degree in Business Administration upon graduation, which is recognised by the Academic Degree Committee of the State Council, People's Republic of China.
CEIBS is the first institution to offer a Global EMBA programme in the Chinese mainland. In 1995, CEIBS started to offer its Global EMBA programme in Shanghai. Today, programme is offered in Shanghai and Zurich. The Global EMBA commences in September every year.
There are many outstanding business schools and Global EMBA programmes in China. Each programme has its own characteristics. CEIBS is characterised as having an exceptionally high teaching quality. The quality of teaching is considered as the lifeblood of our school. Over the past decade, CEIBS has maintained high-standard entrance examinations and strict management in teaching. CEIBS professors are not only knowledgeable, but also experts at teaching. Many have won prestigious teaching awards.
Among our international, but China-focused, faculty many have been teaching in China for almost two decades. They have a profound understanding of Chinese companies and the country’s business environment, which allows them to cover all the key learning points within intensive 4-day modules. There are currently about 70 permanent faculty members at CEIBS, which lays a solid foundation for further improvement of the teaching quality. Additionally, the school has been constantly strengthening its efforts on research and case-writing over the past decade.
Due to its persistence in high teaching quality, our school has attracted a great number of accomplished entrepreneurs and business managers. Among our Global EMBA students, there are not only top managers of major companies in key industries, but also entrepreneurs from high-growth start-ups. These participants provide a precious resource for peer-learning.
The mission of CEIBS is to become a China-focused world-class business school. CEIBS differs from other domestic business schools in its global perspective; and it differs from other world-class business schools in its strategic focus on China. The global perspective guarantees its world-standard operation while its China focus sets the school apart from other world-class business schools.
The Global EMBA (GEMBA) programme is based on the full-time MBA programme, but tailored in its curriculum, course coverage, teaching methodology and schedule to meet the special needs of senior executives. The programme allows senior business managers to pursue an MBA degree on a part-time basis.
Another major difference between the two programmes lies in their respective participants. At CEIBS, GEMBA participants have average work experience of over 14 years while MBA students generally have 5-6 years of work experience. Therefore, even for the same course, the requirements for GEMBA students are much higher than those for MBA students. Secondly, the intense schedule for GEMBA participants requires stronger learning and time management abilities. Lastly, as many GEMBA participants have earned outstanding achievements and even formulated a set of their own managerial methods, it is equally important for them to unlearn old habits. Consequently, this requires a strong mentality and maturity from participants.
To prepare highly competent, innovation oriented managers and executives who are capable of leading and growing their organizations in the increasingly dynamic African economic environment and who are capable of negotiating the forces of globalization and international competition and cooperation for the benefit of their organizations.
- They are open enrolment programmes and company specific programmes.
- Click here for details on open programmes.
Given its 23-year history of management education and 17-year experience in executive education, CEIBS (with its predecessor CEMI established in 1984) is the pioneering institution for management education in mainland China which has so far trained about 54,000 person-times of middle and senior level managers.
All faculty members are from world-renowned business schools in Asia, Europe and America with rich experience in company consultancy and a deep knowledge of business environment in China.
The participants' diversified industry background well facilitates the exchange of views among them for peer-learning and experience-sharing.
The programmes are designed to have sufficient time for both teaching and group or personal discussions, so as to ensure a thorough understanding of lectures.
CEIBS Executive Education offers a wide spectrum of programmes to meet different needs of different companies at different growth stages. These programmes are customer-oriented, designed for senior executives as well as for functional managers. Details about all programmes are available on the website.
All former participants are delivered updated programme information by CEIBS.
In addition, we suggest you contact CEIBS customer service officers to make known training needs of your company or your own and learn about features of the programmes. With profound knowledge of the programmes and the faculty, CEIBS customer service officers and account managers are ready to help choose the most suitable programmes for companies. Our past experience shows that many training managers or potential participants who had chosen programmes themselves adjusted their initial selections eventually with the help of CEIBS account managers to better meet their needs.
A completed application form must be received by CEIBS customer service team four weeks or more prior to the programme's start date. All applications will be processed in the order of receipt and any applications received after the deadline will only be considered on a seat-available basis.
Once the application is accepted, an Executive Education Programme Confirmation and Payment Advice will be sent to the participant.
Programme fee should be paid 15 working days or more prior to the programme's start date. Instant payment is required in case an application is received within 15 working days prior to the programme's start date. The fee covers tuition, lunches, teaching materials, stationery and interpretation (if any).
The invoice of programme fee will be handed out to the participant individually during the programme.
In case a cancellation of a confirmed place is requested within 15 working days prior to the programme's start date, or the confirmed participant fails to attend the programme, a cancellation fee amounting to 20% of the programme fee will be charged. If a confirmed participant is unable to attend the programme, his/her transfer to another CEIBS programme can only be arranged within the same calendar year. The replacement of a confirmed participant requested within 15 working days prior to the programme's start date will only be considered on a seat-available basis.
- Note: Application procedures may differ for different multi-module programmes. Please refer to the webpages for introduction of each multi-module programme.
- You may download the Application Form from the webpage of each programme; or
- You may contact our marketing teams in Accra and ask them to email the Application Form directly to you.
CEIBS Executive Education programmes often last for 3 to 5 days on end in the forms of lecture, case discussion, group presentation, business simulation, and others.
The participants will face great challenges for their energy and attention during the whole process. The insufficiency in making proper psychological preparation may cause difficulties in understanding the essence of the professors' lectures and getting actively involved in class discussions.
We suggest that the participants advise their colleagues in advance that phone calls and e-mails may not be replied during the programme.
To companies selecting participants or to individual managers being selected, to participate in CEIBS programmes is a significant investment. Anyone busy handling some emergencies may only achieve part of the expected outcomes from the training.
Most professors prepare for the participants pre-reading materials which include cases and extensive reading materials. CEIBS programme coordinators will mail the materials to the participants several weeks in advance. The participants are required to read the materials carefully beforehand; otherwise, group discussions and class discussions can hardly proceed given the limited time the professors leave for reading cases in class. With a view to the fact that case teaching is an integral part of the programme, we have prepared for you the Guide for Learning at CEIBS with focuses and tips for case study to maximize your learning achievements.
The daily schedule is as follows:
- The schedule may change as required by professors, and the arrangement of the evening session will depend on individual programme requirements.
- For any participant who has special dietary requirements, please inform the programme coordinator so that special arrangements can be made.
Read carefully in advance and take with you the pre-reading materials (if any).
Read carefully the Logistics Guide and Reply Sheet sent to you by the programme coordinator about two weeks prior to the programme's start date.
Take your business cards with you.
Yes. This programme has two tracks.
- Track 1: Social and Behavioural Sciences. This track is aimed mainly at students who seek to build a career in strategy, organisational behaviour, entrepreneurship or business ethics, but is also open to students with other interests. Students from a variety of disciplinary backgrounds (e.g. economics or sociology) are welcome to apply.
The track has a strong general management orientation, and students graduating from it are expected to publish in top management outlets such as the Academy of Management Journal, Administrative Science Quarterly, Management Science, Organization Science, Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal, or Strategic Management Journal, among others.
- Track 2: Management Sciences. This track is aimed mainly at students who are seeking to build a career in accounting, finance, marketing, decision science, managerial economics or operations, but is also open to students with other interests.
This track has a more quantitative orientation, attracting students who feel comfortable with quantitative analyses, and offering them strong training, for example, in analytical modelling and empirical analysis. Students graduating from this track are expected to publish in top disciplinary outlets such as the Journal of Finance, the Journal of Financial Economics, Marketing Science, Journal of Marketing, Management Science, or MIS Quarterly, among others.
During the first two years, students take a range of required courses, advanced and specialised courses and seminars, followed by a field examination and the development of an empirical research paper. For more information, please visit: http://www.iese.edu/en/phd-management/program-information/
As agreed with IESE, we plan to admit up to three PhD candidates.
Following European regulations established under the Bologna Treaty, candidates for the IESE-CEIBS PhD must first complete the MRM as a pre-requisite for admission to the PhD Programme. In other words, this programme requires your commitment to five years of full-time study.
To protect the environment, we have replaced the hard copy of the programme application form with an electronic version. Please contact CEIBS customer service teams in Shanghai, Beijing and Shenzhen for the electronic version.
- Applicants can apply for the programme in either of the following two ways:
- Online application: Please visit the CEIBS Executive Education website, then select the programme you want to take and click “Apply Now” to apply for the programme; or
- Submit application form via e-mail: Please contact the CEIBS Customer Service Team to request the electronic version of the application. After completing the form, please e-mail it to the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications are reviewed as they arrive and admissions are subject to the final confirmation of CEIBS. Applications are requested at least 20 days before the programme start date. Any applications received after that date will be considered on the basis of space availability. For more information, please contact our Customer Service Team in Shanghai, Beijing or Shenzhen.
- Once the application is accepted, an Executive Education Programme Confirmation and Payment Advice will be sent to the participant.
- Programme fee should be paid 15 days or more prior to the programme start date. Immediate payment is required in cases where an application is received within 15 days of the programme start date. The fee covers tuition, lunches, teaching materials, stationery, other course materials and interpretation and translation fees if required. The invoice for the programme fee will be provided individually to participants during the programme.
- Cancellations or changes in programme registration may be made without penalty if made at least 15 days before the start of the programme. If a confirmed booking is cancelled within 15 days of the start of the programme, or if the applicant fails to attend the programme, a cancellation fee equal to 20 percent of the total programme fee will be charged. When a request to substitute participant(s) for the same programme is made fewer than 15 days before the start of the programme, the seat(s) cannot be guaranteed. If an applicant is unable to attend the programme, the applicant may transfer to a different session of the same programme or another CEIBS Executive Education programme within the same calendar year, but must pay any difference in fees between the two programmes. All changes and cancellations are subject to the final confirmation of CEIBS.
Note: Application procedures may differ for different multi-module programmes. Please refer to the webpages for introduction of each multi-module programme.
CEIBS Executive Education programmes often last for 3 to 5 days on end and include lectures, case discussions, group presentations, business simulations, or other activities. The participants will face great challenges to their energy and focus during programmes. Inadequate mental and academic preparation may cause difficulties in understanding the essence of the professors’ lectures and getting actively involved in class discussions. We suggest that participants advise colleagues in advance that they may not be able to respond to phone calls and e-mails during the programme.
For both companies selecting participants and for individual managers being selected, participation in CEIBS programmes represents a significant investment. Participants who are unable to fully dedicate themselves to the programme because of continued work-related duties during the course may not achieve all of the expected benefits of the training.
Most professors prepare pre-reading materials for the participants that include cases and extensive reading materials. CEIBS programme coordinators will mail the materials to the participants several weeks in advance. All participants are required to carefully read the materials beforehand; otherwise, group discussions and class discussions can hardly proceed given the limited time that professors allocate for reading cases in class.
- Carefully read the pre-reading materials (if any) in advance and bring them with you.
- Carefully read the Logistics Guide and Reply Sheet; it will be sent to you by the programme coordinator about two weeks prior to the programme’s start date.
- Bring your business cards with you.
The daily schedule is as follows.
First session 09:00-10:30
Morning tea 10:30-10:45
Second session 10:45-12:30
Third session 14:00-15:30
Afternoon tea 15:30-15:45
Fourth session 15:45-17:30
The schedule may change as required by professors, and the arrangement of the evening session will depend on individual programme requirements.
For any participant who has special dietary requirements, please inform the programme coordinator for special arrangements.
CEIBS Executive Education offers a wide spectrum of programmes to meet the diverse needs of different companies at various stages of growth. These programmes are customer oriented, and are designed for senior executives as well as for functional managers. You may use Programme Finder, a tool on the Executive Education section of the CEIBS website, to do a search based on your positions, learning objectives and business size. It offers you an opportunity to select your favourite programmes. Another option is to contact our customer service supervisor and customer manager to outline your company – or individual – training requirements, and learn more about specific CEIBS programmes. With in-depth knowledge of CEIBS programmes and faculty, they are experts at helping your company find the most suitable programme – or having one tailor made to meet your needs.
- Given its 29-year history of management education and 23-year experience in executive education, CEIBS (with its predecessor CEMI established in 1984) is the pioneering institution for management education in mainland China, and so far has provided approximately 100,000 person-trainings for middle and senior level managers.
- All faculty members are from world-renowned business schools in Asia, Europe and America, and possess rich experience in company consultancy and deep knowledge of China’s business environment.
- CEIBS attracts professionals from a diverse range of industry backgrounds, providing an environment that supports intellectual and professional exchange, as well as mutual learning among peers
- The programmes are structured to provide sufficient time for both teaching and group or individual discussions, so as to ensure a thorough understanding of lectures.
Holders of a Diploma/Degree from institutions in Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan or any other area outside China can apply in any of the following forms:
- Provide a copy of the Diploma/Degree Certificate and the original Academic Transcript; or
- Have the Diploma/Degree Certificate accredited by the Chinese Service Centre for Scholarly
Exchange of the Ministry of Education (only applicable for Chinese applicants), provide a copy of the Certificate of Accreditation to Foreign Academic Degree/Diploma issued by the Chinese Service Center for Scholarly Exchange (Tel: 8610-82301006; www.cscse.edu.cn).
Five years of working experience is a minimum requirement. For example, those who will have five years of working experience by September 2015 are eligible to apply for 2015 CEIBS FMBA Programme.
In addition, applicants must have at least two years of managerial experience, i.e., leading a company or a team for a certain project. We suggest that applicants showcase their working experience and managerial expertise in the essay part (of the application form) and recommendation letters so as to help the Admission Committee better assess their leadership potential.
Only those who currently work in the financial industry or in corporate finance functions can apply for the FMBA Programme. We do not give priority to some sub-sectors over others in the financial section.
No. More experienced applicants do not necessarily hold an advantage over less experienced ones. You need to highlight your strong points so as to leave a deep impression on our interviewers. We’ve seen many young applicants’ huge potential.
No. There is frequently an explosion of knowledge in the financial industry. Thus, we need to reconstruct each student’s knowledge of the financial system, regardless of his/her major at the undergraduate level.
An organisational chart can help the Admission Committee better understand your position in an organisation. We have no special format requirements. Thus, you can either use the existing organisational chart of your company or draw a new one on your own, but don’t forget to mark your position on the chart.
Generally, the interview notification is sent within one week after you pass the test.
Each interview takes approximately 40 minutes. The applicant will be interviewed by two senior interviewers. The face-to-face talk involves the applicant’s work experience, views on management, and personal competencies.
CEIBS FMBA Programme offers highly-intensive and high-quality modules. Four days of intensive learning per month is within the upper limit for a part-time programme. To ensure “Financial Depth”, lecturers won’t spend much time imparting basic financial knowledge. Instead, students are required to complete a great deal of pre-course reading, prepare for case studies, and even spend evenings holding group discussions.
The CEIBS FMBA Programme has first-rate faculty in all management disciplines, particularly in finance. CEIBS’ professors of finance, accounting and economics have personally designed compulsory courses and launched specific finance-related elective courses for the programme.
CEIBS has also established strong connections with the finance sectors; various business leaders will be invited to CEIBS events as guest speakers and share their experiences with students.
Customisation is the most important quality that sets the CEIBS FMBA Programme apart from the rest. It can be seen not only in terms of curriculum design, but also in regard to applicant selection. The programme targets senior and middle-level managers in financial institutions and those in other industries whose work involves financial management. The most relevant financial courses will be offered on the basis of the industries that the students are involved in, while the general management course will be tailored to incorporate content and cases in relation to the financial industry.
The admission process emphasises applicant background in order to identify the top echelon that best represents the elite of financial institutions and in financial divisions of other industries. The interaction between the most talented students and experienced instructors will ensure an unparalleled learning experience with long-lasting benefits.
On January 8, 2002, the Academic Degree Committee of the State Council formally recognised the CEIBS MBA degree.
It is difficult to predict how likely you are to be admitted to our PhD programme. Many factors impact admission decisions, such as the qualifications of other applicants, the number of new students that can be accommodated, and the number of professors that share your research and scholarly interests. All components of the application package, including the application, letters of recommendation, personal statement, academic record (i.e., transcripts), and other items required by the programme are considered.
Sorry, we will only accept TOEFL.
Applicants who fall into any of the following three categories will be eligible for a waiver of TOEFL:
• Applicants whose native language is English.
• Candidates whose secondary school, university/master degree studies were conducted entirely in English, or who have worked for at least five years in an English-speaking country
• CEIBS MBA alumni.
GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) or GRE (Graduate Record Examinations) are compulsory for all the applicants. We will not consider results from tests taken more than five years prior to date of entry. Results should be sent directly to IESE, using IESE's code: 0736 for GMAT and 3607 for GRE. And meanwhile, please ask the GMAT/GRE office to publish your score through their website so that we can receive them as soon as possible.
The minimum GMAT score for admission is 720.
There is no specific requirement imposed by our programme.
During the MRM phase in Barcelona, Spain, CEIBS will arrange scholarship funding for students admitted under the Coordinated Programme, including tuition fees (to be paid to IESE) and living expenses.
During the PhD phase, students are expected to return to China to work full-time on their dissertations at CEIBS under the guidance of their advisers. They will be financially supported by CEIBS for a maximum of three years – subject to annual reviews of their performance – to help them pay for living expenses in China.
We at CEIBS started our joint PhD programme in late 2011, under our umbrella project for the EU Delegation. The pilot programme will focus on China-relevant research in business development, entrepreneurship, and business finance. Thus, we are targeting PhD candidates who plan to pursue future career goals in management research in China.
You will be eligible for application if you are:
• Under 35 years old
• A university degree holder
• Proficient in both oral and written English
• Committed to five years of full-time study and a future academic career in China
CEIBS will offer pre-enrolment scholarship for outstanding FMBA applicants who apply and are enrolled. The scholarship should be applied for in advance. The Scholarship Review Committee will review all scholarship applicants based on educational and professional background, personal accomplishments, interview performance and potential contribution to the Finance MBA programme.
CEIBS has also entered into an agreement with China Merchants Bank, China Construction Bank and Bank of China which allows Chinese mainland students to apply for bank loans.
- From Pudong Airport
- Option 1: by Taxi. You can take a taxi from Pudong Airport to CEIBS, a roughly 45-minute-ride that should cost around 130 RMB.
- Option 2: by Airport Shuttle Bus. You can take No. 3 Airport Shuttle Bus and get off at the third stop, Longyang Road, then take a taxi to CEIBS. The taxi fee is around 25 RMB.
- Option 3: by Maglev Train. You can get off at Longyang Road Station and then take a taxi to CEIBS. You'll spend 40 RMB on the one-way train ticket if you prove flight arrival on the same day of travel by showing your airline ticket (otherwise it's 50 RMB), and the taxi fee is about 25 RMB.
- From Hongqiao Airport T1
- Option 1: by Taxi. You can take a taxi to CEIBS, a roughly 50-minute-ride that should cost around 110 RMB.
- Option 2: Get off at Shanghai Metro Line No. 10 at Nanjing Road (East) Station, change to Line No. 2 at the same station, and then get off at Shanghai Science and Technology Museum Station to take a taxi. The taxi fee is around 25 RMB.
- From Hongqiao Airport T2
- Option 1: by Taxi. You can take a roughly 1-hour taxi ride to CEIBS for around 130 RMB.
- Option 2: Get off the Shanghai Metro Line No. 2 at Shanghai Science and Technology Museum Station to take a taxi. The taxi fee is around 25 RMB.
- From Shanghai Railway Station
- Option 1: You can take a taxi to CEIBS for about 60 RMB.
- Option 2: Get off the Shanghai Metro Line No. 1 at People's Square, change to Lane No. 2 at the same station, and then get off at Shanghai Science and Technology Museum Station to take a taxi. The taxi fee is about 25 RMB.
- From Shanghai South Railway Station
- Option 1: You can take a taxi to CEIBS for about 80 RMB.
- Option 2: Get off the Shanghai Metro Line No. 1 at People's Square, change to Line No. 2 at the same station, and then get off at Shanghai Science and Technology Museum Station to take a taxi. The taxi fee is about 25 RMB.
- From Hongqiao Railway Station
- Option 1: You can take a taxi to CEIBS for about 140 RMB.
- Option 2: Get off the Shanghai Metro Line No. 2 at Shanghai Science and Technology Museum Station to take a taxi. The taxi fee is about 25 RMB.
If the programme you will attend is offered in Shanghai, we suggest that you stay in the CEIBS Student Residence on our new campus. Inaugurated in August 2013, CEIBS Shanghai Campus (Phase III) has passed indoor air quality testing conducted by the most authoritative agency in Shanghai, in conformity with the US' LEED system for energy conservation and environmental protection. Based on the concept of simplicity and convenience, each room, which occupies an area of 20 square metres, is equipped with a comfortable single bed and a private bathroom, with free wireless broadband Internet access available. The room rate is 400RMB /person/night in 2016(including one breakfast).
If there are no vacant rooms available in the CEIBS Student Residence, you may stay at one of the many nearby hotels. Our programmeme coordinator will email you the Logistics Guide & Reply Sheet around two weeks before the programme begins, and this will include information on the hotels available for booking so that you may make your own choice. The programme coordinator can help you with booking, but rooms shall be subject to confirmation by the hotel. Each participant is required to pay the room rate and all other expenses incurred during his stay. The shuttle bus offered by the hotel takes you to CEIBS every morning and back to the hotel after the course. (During check-in, please ask the hotel's reception desk for detailed information about their shuttle bus. Please note that shuttle bus service shall be subject to confirmation by the hotel.)
Hotels adjacent to CEIBS include:
- Shanghai Marriott Hotel Pudong East
- Ramada Plaza Pudong, Shanghai
- Citadines Shanghai Biyun Apartment
- Grand Metropark Jiayou Hotel
If the programme you will attend is not offered in Shanghai, our programme coordinator will email you the Logistics Guide & Reply Sheet around two weeks before the programme begins, and this will include information on the hotels available for booking so that you may make your own choice.
- Gift shop: Should you wish to buy CEIBS souvenirs and management books, you may find them in the gift shop on the 1st floor of the commons building on Phase III of the campus.
- Free Internet Service: Free Wi-Fi service is available across the entire campus.
- Library: CEIBS library, named Global Resources Information Centre, opens from 8:30 a.m. to 22:00 p.m. See relevant details here.
- Fitness Centre: Recreational facilities such as a gymnasium, badminton and basketball courts, and various body-building apparatus are available in CEIBS Fitness Centre from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. every day. Don't forget to take your sportswear with you if you'd like to exercise.
If there are no evening lectures, you are encouraged to make your own arrangements for dinner. The two dining halls at CEIBS Shanghai Campus, Sanquan Restaurant and Brix 12, are open till 20:00pm. There are also many restaurants nearby. For details, please visit dianping.com
CEIBS is situated in the Pudong New Area and you can get downtown by:
- Taxi: It costs about 50RMB to get to People's Square from CEIBS.
- Shanghai Metro: Take a taxi to the Shanghai Science and Technology Museum station of Shanghai Metro Line No.2 (about 25 RMB) and go downtown by Metro (about 3 to 4 RMB). Please refer to http://www.shmetro.com/EnglishPage/EnglishPage.jsp for the routes and schedules of Shanghai Metro.