Assistant Professor of Finance
Shanghai 201206 Fax: 86-21-2890 5620
People’s Republic of China Email: email@example.com
1999-2003: Ph.D. in
Economics (December 2003), University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, People's
1999-1996: M.A. in Economics (July 1999),
1991-1996: B.A. in Economics (July 1996),
2011-Present: Assistant Professor of Finance,
2007-2011: Lecturer of Finance,
2002-2007: Research Fellow, Center of Chinese Private Enterprises, China Europe International Business School
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS
A. Refereed Journal Papers
1. "Foreign Entry Strategies by State-owned Enterprises: A Chinese Political Economy Perspective," with Yuan Ding, Jing Li, and Klaus Meyer, Journal of International Business Studies (forthcoming)
2. “Post-issue accounting performance, incentives and social capital: Evidence from Chinese entrepreneurial firms”, With Yuan Ding, and Xiaping Cao, Journal of Business Ethics (forthcoming)
3. “The quality of domestic legal systems and export performance: theory and evidence from China”, with Jing Li, Ilan Vertinsky, Management International Review Vol53.3 (Jun 2013): 361-390
vs. Domestic Listing: an Entrepreneurial Decision”, with
“The Financial and Operating Performance
of Chinese Family-Owned Listed Companies”, with
“Private vs. State Ownership
and Earnings Management: Evidence from Chinese Listed Companies”, with
“Accounting Failures in Chinese Listed Firms:
Origins and Typology”, with
B. Papers under R&R
1. “Perks: Cost or Incentive? An Empirical Test of Competing Theoretical Perspectives”, with Yuan Ding, Yuanyang Song, Journal of Business Ethics (first round)
2. “The role of institutional development in the prevalence and value of family firms”, with Raphael Amit, Yuan Ding, and Belén Villalonga, Journal of Corporate Finance (first round)
C. Paper under first round review
1. “Rent-seeking through PE affiliation for IPO approval: Evidence from the Chinese stock market”, with Yuan Ding, Frank Yu, submitted to Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis
2. “Towards a thorough understanding of compensation package in China”, with Yuan Ding, Han Jian, submitted to Human Resource Management
D. Paper in progress
1. “The Informativeness of the exit of independent board members”, with Yuan Ding, Yongjian Shen,
2. “The theory and practice of financial management: Evidence from China”, with Yuan Ding, Rong Huang
E. Book review
1. Comparative Corporate Governance in
E. Academic award
1. Best Paper Award by the journal Corporate Governance: An International Review in 2008 for the paper “Private vs. State Ownership and Earnings Management: Evidence from Chinese Listed Companies”
Best Paper Award of 2010 Finance and
3. Best Paper Award of 6th Workshop in Family Firms Management (held by European Institute for Advanced Studies in Management) (June 2010) for the paper “The role of institutional development in the prevalence and value of family firms”
F. Papers Published in Chinese Journals
1. “Close End Fund Puzzle in Chinese Stock Market ( 解析我国封闭式基金折价之迷 )”, with Junxi Zhang, Journal of Financial Research (金融研究) 12, 2002, P49-60.
2. “Market Efficiency Hypothesis and Behavioural Finance (有效市场假设和行为金融学——关于资本市场效率的理论)”， Shanghai Management Science (上海管理科学) 2，2003, P13-14.
3. "An Investigation on the Inside Information of Mutual Funds in China (中国基金内部消息的实证研究)”, with Junxi Zhang, China Journal of Finance (中国金融学) vol.1.1, 2003, P160-178.
4. "The Dynamic Characteristics of the Earning Announcement Effect in China (我国股市盈利公告的动态特征)”, with Junxi Zhang, China Quarterly Journal of Economics (经济学季刊), vol. 3.2 2004, P305－318.
5. “Corporate governance and firm performance of Chinese Private Listed Companaies (民营上市公司的经营绩效和治理结构研究)”, with Junxi Zhang, Shanghai Security Exchange Research Journal (上证研究) vol.3.2, 2004, P125－163.
6. “The Effect of Separation between Ownership and Control on Firm Value: An Empirical Study on Private Listed Companies in China (所有权和控制权分离对企业绩效的影响—我国民营上市企业的实证研究)”，China Quarterly Journal of Economics (经济学季刊), V.3 Supplement, 2004, P1-14.
7. “Corporate governance, Firm Value and Performance: Evidence from Chinese Private Listed Companaies (民营上市公司的经营绩效、市场价值和治理结构研究)”, with Junxi Zhang, The Journal of World Economy (世界经济), 11, 2004, P3-15.
8. “The Separation between Ownership and Control for Private Listed Firms: Determinants and Its Causal Relationship with Performance(两权分离的决定因素及因果关系—— 上市民企所有权和控制权状况的研究)”, with Junxi Zhang and Min Song, China Journal of Finance (中国金融学) vol.2.3, 2004, P21-32.
9. “Going Public or Going Dark (上市还是走黑)”, with
G. Newspaper Articles
1. “The Four Anomalies in the Chinese Stock Markets (我国股市与众不同的四大奇异现象)”, 21 Century Business Herald （21世纪经济报道）, 3 July 2003.
2. “Why do Private Listed Companies have Better Performance? (民营上市公司为何绩效高)”, China Securities Journal （中国证券报）, 18 December 2003.
3. “The Effect of Foreign Listing on Firms’ External Financing Decision (海外上市对企业融资政策的影响)”，Shanghai Securities News (上海证券报)，12 January 2006.
1. “Supply Chain Finance (供应链金融－新经济下的新金融)”， Shanghai Far East Publishing House (上海远东出版社)， (coauthored with Chun Chang and others) 2009