Dr Jean S K LEE
Fax : 86-21-28905650
Founding Director, Executive MBA Program, NUS
Co-Director, Office of Executive Education, NUS
Reviewer and Editor
· Editorial Board, Journal of Chinese Human Resource Management (2009-present)
· Program Committee, 2010 IACMR Conference
· Reviewer, Human Resource Management
· Reviewer, The Leadership and Organizational Development Journal
· Reviewer, IACMR Conference
· Editorial Board, International Employment Relations Review.(1996-1998)
· Associate Editor, Asia-Pacific Journal of Management (1992-1995)
2009 CEIBS Teaching Excellence Award
2008 CEIBS Teaching Excellence Award
2007 International Businesswomen Award (Professional Excellence)
2005 Outstanding HR Educator Award in
2004 Best Executive MBA Teaching Award,
2001 NUS Faculty Service Award
1995 NUS Teaching Excellence Award (undergraduate)
2007-2009Principal Investigator, Leadership Behavioral Lab Studies, CEIBS Faculty
Research Grant, RMB 543,400
Investigator, Leadership Development in
2004-2005 Co-investigator, CKGSB Faculty Research Fund RMB 280,000
2002-2004 Principle Investigator, NUS Faculty Research Grant, S$50,000.
1998-2001 Co-Investigator, NUS Academic Research Grant, S$320,000.
· Associate Vice President, Raffles University, Singapore, 2006-2008
Chairperson, Academic Advisory Board, Hartford
Institute of Management,
· Member, International Association for Chinese Management Research
· Member, Family Business Institute
· Member, NTL-Institute for Applied Behavioral Science
1. International Referred Journals
· Lee, Jean SK (2010), Emerging Need - How companies in developing markets can cultivate the leaders they lack”, MIT Sloan Management Review, May.
· Lee, Jean SK & Wei, F. (2010). The Mediating Effect of Psychological Empowerment on the Relationship between participative goal setting and Team Outcome. International Journal of Human Resource Management. (2),279-295.
· Lee, Jean (2008), Effects of Leadership & Leader-Member Exchange on Innovativeness, Journal of Managerial Psychology, . vol 23 (6), 670-687.
Lee, Jean & Wei,. F (2008). Uncover the black-box
of leadership effectiveness: leader-member exchange as the mediator. Frontiers of
Business Research in
· Lee, Jean (2006), Impact of Family Relationships on Attitudes of the Second Generation in Family Business, Family Business Review, vol XIX, no.3 (Sep), 175-191.
· Lee, Jean (2005), Leadership and LMX on Commitment, The Leadership and Organizational Development Journal, vol.26, no.7/8, 655-673.
· Lee, Jean (2005), Perception of Women Manager in Singapore-A Media Analysis, Asia Pacific Business Review, vol 11, no. 2, 233-250.
· Lee, Jean. and Yu, K., (2004), Corporate Culture and Organizational Performance, Journal of Managerial Psychology, vol 19, no. 4, 340-359 (20).
· Lee, Jean S K (2001), Growth of Chinese Family Business, Family Business Review, vol.XIV, no.1, 49-74.
· Lee, Jean S K (2001), Work-Family Conflict of Women Entrepreneurs, Women in Management Review, 16, no. 5., 204-221.
· Lee, Jean S K (1999), Impact of culture on entrepreneurship, Asian Academy of Management Journal, 4, no.2, 1-22.
· Lee, Jean S K (1999), Human resource policies for women. Journal of Management Development, 18, no.4, 326-341.
Jean S K and Chan,
J. (1998), Chinese Entrepreneurship
: A Study in
Jean S K (1997),
The motivation of women entrepreneurs in
L L and Lee, Jean SK (1997),
Force-field analysis on policies affecting working women in
Lee, Jean S K
and A F Yip (1996),
The motivation of women entrepreneurs in
Lee, Jean S K (1996), Culture and Chinese
Management – A study of small Chinese family business in
C Y and Lee, Jean SK (1994), Confucianism
and the economic success of
Jean S K and S W
Sheh (1994), Chinese values and organizational practices: A study in
· Sims, D and Lee Jean S K (1993), Discovering an alternative view of managing: A study with Singaporean women managers. Applied Psychology, Special, 42, no. 4, 365-377.
Jean S K and H H
Tan (1993), Business students’ perception of women in management – the case in
· Lee, Jean S K and H H Tan (1993), Rhetorical vision of men and women managers in Singapore, Human Relations, 46, no. 4, 527-542.
Jean S K and H H
Tan (1993), Part-time employment – future trends in
· Lee, Jean S K (1992), Qualitative and quantitative methods – two approaches to organization studies. Asia Pacific Journal of Management, 9, no.1 (April), 87-94.
· Lee, Jean S K and S Y Loke (1992), Work-related values: A comparison of American, Japanese and Singaporean managers. International Journal of Management, 9, 4 (December): 427-435.
Jean S K (1991),
Managerial work in Chinese organizations in
· Wei F. & Lee Jean,(2008) 双因素领导结构的验证及其对组织承诺的影响机制研究.管理世界. 5: 115-123.
· Lee, Jean & Wei F (2007) 组织公正和交易型领导对组织承诺的影响方式研究. 南开管理评论.
· Lee, Jean & Wei F, (2007) 中国企业领袖群像, 中国电子商务. 全文转载05期 84-89.
· Lee, Jean & Wei F (2007). 领导行为和领导下属关系研究, 新华文摘, 23期.
· Lee, Jean & Wei F (2006). 打开领导有效性的黑箱：领导行为和领导下属关系研究.管理世界. 9期. 87-93.
· Lee Jean (2010). 谁定目标？心理授权在参与决策中的催化作用。中欧商业评论，3月刊.
· Lee, Jean (2009). 在快速变化的新兴市场，领导力是如何炼就的？，中欧商业评论，7月刊，
· Lee, Jean (2008) 中国组织经理人性格解析，中欧商业评论，创刊号.
· Lee, Jean & Wei F, (2007) 中国企业领袖群像. 北大商业评论. 12期. 24-31.
3. Recent Conference Papers
Jiunwen Wang, Jeanne Brett, Ya-Ru Chen,
Jean (2010), Doing Research in China, PWD paper presented at the 4th
IACMR Conference in
Jean & Wei F. (2008), Factor Structure of MLQ and
their Impact on Commitment through Leader-Member Exchange: A Structural Equation Model in
Jean (2008), The mediating effect of
psychological empowerment on participative team goal setting - team outcome, Presented at the 2008
Jean (2008). From Cinderella to CEO – A Qualitative Exploration of Women
Leadership in China, Paper presented at the 3rd IACMR Conference in
4. Working papers
Lee, Jean SK & Wei, F.. Organizational
Justice and Employee Commitment: A Multi-level Study in
Lee, Jean SK, Who Will Produce Future Leaders –
Comparison among MOE, SOE and MNC, under preparation for submission to
Y., Brett, J., Wang, J., & Lee, J. What influences negotiation joint outcomes:
Effects of status differential and cooperative/competitive relationship in
J., Brett, J.M., Chen, Y., & Lee, J. (2009). Effects of status differential
on individual and joint gain in competitive negotiation: the case of the
· Lee, Jean & Wilson, M., When Dragon meets Elephant – LOE in India and China.
· Lee, Jean & Wei F. Rhetorical Vision of Leadership in China– A Content Analysis
· Chen, Y.R., & Lee, Jean. Culture in Harmony vs Culture in Conflict - A Study on Cross-Cultural Communication.
· Lee Jean (2011). Leadership in China Market, Fudan University Publication, China.
· Chen, Y., Zhao G. Lee, J. (2011). Trust in the manager as a supervisor or a group leader? Toward a relational vs collective distinction in procedural justice. (in print)
Jean (2008), Organizational Behavior (2nd Edition),
· Lee Jean & Li Hong (2008), Chinese Family Business - Wealth Goes Beyond Three Generations, World Scientific Publishing Ltd.
· Lee Jean & Li Hong (2007). 富过三代-破解家族企业的传统诅咒，上海人民出版。
· Lee, Jean (2006), Rhetorical Vision of Women Managers, in Documentary Research, edited by John Scott, Sage Publications Ltd.
· Lee, Jean (2005), Women Entrepreneurs in Singapore, in International Handbook of Women and Small Business Entrepreneurship, edited by Sandra L. Fielden and Marilyn J. Davidson, Edward Elgar Publishing Ltd. pg. 178-192.
A H H and J S K Lee (1994), Women executives in a newly industrialized economy:
Jean (2003), Organizational Behavior (in Chinese),
Jean S K (2000), Managing
People (in Chinese), Educational Publishing
Jean S K (2000), Managing Change -- The Transformation of Techwah (in Chinese), Educational Publishing
Jean S K (2000), Against
the Currents --The Success Story of Koh Brothers (in Chinese), Educational
Jean S K, K M
Campbell and A Chia (1999), The Three Paradoxes - working women in
· Lee, Jean S K (1996), The Art of People Management, 2 vols. Co-Act Pte Ltd, CDRom.
· Lee, Jean S K and W Y Yeong, eds, (1996), Business Management. Practice Hall.
Jean S K (1989), Ethics
in Business and Management. Institution of
6. Case Writing
· Lenovo Group Chairman, Liu Chuanzhi: A Veteran’s New Challenges. (2010)
Shenan Zhuang, CEO
of Ogilvy & Mather
Wang, HR Director (Asia Pacific and Great
President of Voith Paper Technology (
· Zhou Xiaoguang, A Women Entrepreneur and A Member of the National People Congress (2008) CC-808-046.
· From a Nurse to a Billionaire - Shi Xiaoyan, Founder of Ilinoi Furniture (2008) CC-808-047.
· Caroline Wang: Senior Vice President of IBM Global Consulting（2008）CC-408-033
Jill Lee: CFO
& Senior Executive Vice President of Siemens
Hsieh: Managing Director of Electrolux
· Yang Mianmian, President of Haier. (2007) CC307-030.
· KT Sean- Choose the Right Company (2007) CC407-029.
· Entrepreneurial culture in Aokang 奥康企业文化：企业家的理想和现实 (2005)
· Corporate culture in CNPC 中石油企业文化：爱国、创业、求实、奉献 (2005)
· Sinochem Corporation – Managing Change in SOE 中化集团如何扭转乾坤 (2005)
· Corporate culture in Vanke 万科企业文化：理想主义的人文精神 (2004)
· Zhang Ruimin: Leadership and culture of Haier 张瑞敏---海尔王国的缔造者(2002)
· Building Corporate culture in Xi’an-Janssen: 西安杨森企业文化：销售团队的建设 (2002)
· Family Business - Yeo Yiap Seng Ltd– 杨协成集团-富不过三代 (2001)
· Stanley Shih and Acer Culture, 施振荣与宏碁的企业文化 (2001)
· Corporate culture in Techwah Group新加坡德华集团的企业文化建设 (2000)
· Leadership styles of Koh Brothers Ltd, 许兄弟集团的领导风格 (2000)
Consultant, Coastal Greenland Limited,
Member, Board of Directors, Coastal International
· Member, Board of Directors, Oakwell Engineering Ltd. (2003-2006)
Senior HR Consultant, GT Tire (
Consultant, Asahi Techno Vision Pte Ltd,
Consultant, Thai Mont Wealth Co. Ltd,
· Training Consultant, Xian-Janssen Pharmaceutical Ltd, (1997-1998)
Consultant, Anta Express Tour and Travel Company,
Consultant, Public Packages Sdn
Consultant, Leader Steel Ltd,
Consultant, Hunza Group,
Group of Companies,
Executive Programs (last 5 years)
Faculty Director - Leading the
· Program Director, Women in Leadership Program – 2007- present.
· Michelin Academic Director – “BIBLEAD program, 2009-2010
· GSK Engagement, Empowerment, Enhancement, July 2009
· Alibaba, People Management May 2008
· Alibaba, Managing Change, Aug 2008
· GSK Leadership and Change, Sep 2008
· Hk Disneyland Leading Change, Nov 2008
· Michelin Cross-Cultural Management, Nov 2008
· 致盛集团，Leadership and Culture, Sep 2008
· Schneider Electrics, Leadership and Change, 2007
· Dubang Insurance, Leadership and Change, 2007
· Rhoche Diagnostic, Managing People, 2006
· Tengson, People Management, 2006
· Yili, Leadership and Change, 2006
· Heisense Group, Leadership and Change, 2006
· Midea Electrics Group, Leading Change, 2006
· VSC, Managing Change through People, 2005
· Lining Group, Leadership and Change, 2005
· Asiainfo, Leadership and Change, 2005
· Lenova, Leadership and change, 2005
· “Value Conflict in Alibaba”, the 2011 Green Company Annual Conference, Qingdao, 22 April, 2011.
· “Leadership Development in the High Growth Market”, Fudan University International Management Forum, July 18, 2010.
· “Womenomics and ShEO”, presented at the CEIBS 15th Anniversary Alumni Forum, Nov 8, 2009.
“Leadership and Talent
Development”, presented at the CEIBS/EFMD Conference on
“Chinese Companies Going Global – Managerial Challenges & Aspirations”,
“Leadership Development in the Emerging Market”, presented at the Watson Wyatt
of Family Businesses in
“The Challenge of Managing the
post 80s and 90s”, presented at the 7th
· Program Chair, 2nd Women in Leadership Forum “From Cinderella to CEO”, Shanghai, May 5, 2008.
“Personality Analysis of Chinese
presented at the CEIBS Business Review Inaugural Launch Ceremony,
· Program Chair, Women in Leadership Forum 2007 “Global Shero——Chinese Women Leadership in the Global Economy”, jointly organized by CEIBS and CBN. Shanghai, Dec 6-7, 2007.
“Succession in Family Business – A Comparative Case Study”, paper presented at the 3rd Annual International
Conference on Entrepreneurship and Family Business Growth”,
“Are We Speaking the Same Language – Cross-Cultural Challenges in
“The Impact of Family
Relationship on the Attitude of the Second Generation in Chinese Family
presented at the 2nd International Conference in Entrepreneurship
and Growth of Family Business,