- Faculty List
- CEIBS Knowledge
- Research Centres & Chairs
- Research Resources
- Seminar Series
- Faculty Positions
- Research Positions
Zhang, Yan (Anthea)
* 2001 PhD in Business Administration, University of Southern California
* 1997 Master of Philosophy in International Business, City University of Hong Kong
* 1995 Master of Arts in Economics, Nanjing University, Nanjing, China
* 1992 Bachelor of Arts in Economics, Nanjing University, Nanjing, China
* CEO succession and dismissal, executive leadership and corporate governance;
* Technology innovation and entrepreneurship in emerging economies;
* Foreign direct investment in emerging economies
* Global strategic management
* International Strategic Alliances
* Corporate Governance
Dr. Yan Zhang (Anthea) is Professor of Management at CEIBS. Before joining CEIBS, she was a professor of strategic management at the Jesse H. Jones Graduate School of Business, Rice University.
Dr. Zhang's areas of specialization include CEO succession and dismissal, and foreign direct investment and technology entrepreneurship in emerging markets. Her research on these topics has been published in top-tier management journals including the Academy of Management Journal, Strategic Management Journal, and Journal of International Business Studies, among others. As evidence of the significance of her work in the management profession, her research has been written about in the business press on numerous occasions – including Financial Times, Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Business Week, The Economist, Investor’s Business Daily, CNBC, and USA Today. She is an associate editor of the Academy of Management Journal and a consulting editor of Management and Organization Review. She also serves on the editorial review board of Strategic Management Journal. She is the recipient of the 2010 Strategic Management Society (SMS) Emerging Scholar Award.
Dr. Zhang has taught Strategic Issues in Global Business, and International Strategic Alliances in the MBA, the MBA for Executives, and the MBA for Professionals programs of the Jones School. She received a B.A. and a M.A. in Economics from Nanjing University, China; a Master of Philosophy degree in International Business from City University of Hong Kong; and a Ph.D. in strategic management from the University of Southern California.