Date: October 23-24, 2017
Programme Fee includes tuition, case licensing fees, lunches, stationery, other course materials, interpretation and translation fees if required.
The full fee must be paid within two weeks upon receipt of the payment notice. Applications made within 30 days of the start of a programme require immediate payment. Any successful applicant for programmes offered by CEIBS Executive Education Department via the official website will be entitled to a 1,000-yuan discount per programme. CEIBS reserves the right to amend information on this programme including price, discount, date, location, faculty, daily schedule and other details.
In the 21st century, it is increasingly difficult to imagine any business being able to execute its strategy without the capabilities of advanced digital technologies. While these new technologies have given firms new capabilities to exploit, in many cases they have also reduced the explanatory power of many traditional strategy concepts. Understanding the strategic options that new technologies provide to a business is one of the increasingly vital skills that a general manager must possess in today’s corporations. Understanding the strategic capabilities of technology and the options they generate is the primary focus of this programme – both in terms of exploring the potential limitations of current strategy concepts and concerning suggested new strategic perspectives that are critical in a digital world.
Note: Please make sure you have Windows Media Player installed on your computer to view the videos.
In-depth technological knowledge is not required for this programme, but it will be paramount for participants to develop a working knowledge of the impact of technology on business. Thus, we will explore the implications of certain types of hardware, software, and telecom developments for the ways that an organisation thinks about competitors, strategy, organisational design, and the nature of management.
The programme is designed for top-tier decision makers in companies who are responsible for strategy planning and execution.
Participants on the programme will:
- Explore and become familiar with the fundamental concepts of business models as a basis for developing a more robust organisation
- Understand the limitations of current ideas on strategy in today’s era of globalisation and digitalisation
- Become aware of the importance and strategic implications of “core incompetences” for company strategy
- Examine how to develop an organisation’s information footprint and its benefits
- Develop symbiotic strategies to take advantage of previously untapped opportunities
- Gain an integrative framework showing the interlocking nature of the technology industry and its impact on a firm’s strategy
- Understand the intertwining organisational factors that influence firms’ decisions and their development or adoption of technology
- Learn how to maintain cost advantage without sacrificing strategic capabilities to create value in the future
- Broaden their understanding of the BPO (business product outsourcing) movement and its major implications for individuals, firms and governments
- Grasp the criteria for successful strategic planning that will assist companies in absorbing shocks so they not only survive, but also thrive in the 21st century
Applications are requested at least 30 days before the programme start date. Applications are reviewed as they arrive and admissions are subject to the final confirmation of CEIBS. Any applications received after that date will be considered on the basis of space availability. For more information, please contact our Customer Service Team in Shanghai, Beijing or Shenzhen.
Any cancellation made 30 days or more prior to the programme start date is eligible for a full refund of programme fees paid. However, the expenses arising therefrom shall be for the account of the applicant or his/her employer. Any cancellation made less than 30 days prior to the programme start date shall be subject to a fee of 20 percent of the total programme fee. After the programme starts, no fees shall be refunded for participants who withdraw from the programme for any reason.
To ensure the continuity of your learning, you are required to make proper arrangements according to the course schedule after receiving your letter of enrollment. We will neither make up lessons for you nor confer you with the certificate of completion if you are absent from the course for personal reasons. CEIBS reserves the right to amend information on this programme including price, discount, date, location, faculty, daily schedule and other details.
Customer Service Team
699 Hongfeng Road, Pudong, Shanghai, 201206, P.R.C.
Tel: +86-21-2890 5187
Customer Service Team
No.20, Zhongguancun Software Park
No.8, Dongbeiwang West Road,Haidian District
Beijing, 100193, P.R.C.
Tel: +86-10-8296 6688
Customer Service Team
8/F, Block A, Rongchao Business Center
No.6003, Yitian Road, Futian District
Shenzhen 518026 P.R.C.
Tel: +86-755-3337 8136