Start Date: May 10 afternoon, 2017
If over three managers from a single company to participate in the programme, a special tuition rate of 108,000 RMB per person is offered to participants from the same company.
Programme Fee includes tuition, case licensing fees, lunches, stationery, other course materials, interpretation and translation fees if required.
The full fee must be paid within two weeks upon receipt of the payment notice. Applications made within 30 days of the start of a programme require immediate payment. Any successful applicant for programmes offered by CEIBS Executive Education Department via the official website will be entitled to a 1,000-yuan discount per programme. CEIBS reserves the right to amend information on this programme including price, discount, date, location, faculty, daily schedule and other details.
When a business’ growth reaches a certain scale, the company’s strategic objectives can be realised only through the joint efforts of and close collaboration between the middle and senior management teams rather than through relying upon any individual leaders. The middle management team, as the backbone of a business, must realise that sharing a common mindset and knowledge base with the top management determines their ability to fully understand the strategic intent of their superiors and the day-to-day management issues from a corporate perspective. This ability, in turn, is critical if middle management is to effectively support and implement strategic decisions of the top management, and facilitate the stable and rapid development of the business.
Note: Please make sure you have Windows Media Player installed on your computer to view the videos.
This programme aims at providing participants with an opportunity to quickly gain comprehensive insight into the mechanism of business operation, grasp the essence of management philosophy, and improve their personal management ability. It also focuses on helping businesses to rapidly build a talent pipeline so as to improve their operations and execution, as well as to lay a solid foundation for their strategic development in the long run.
The programme is designed for mid-level management staff with 3 years or more of managerial experience in business. Typical participants deliver excellent performance in their own functions, demonstrate strong management potential, and are recognized as capable of taking greater leadership roles in the future. We recommend that each company send employees from different departments and backgrounds to participate in this programme.
Comments From Participants
The Management Development Programme offered by CEIBS was a program with accurate positioning and careful preparation. Aside from explaining profound theories and relevant framework in simple terms, the program was also enriched by lively case analysis and a whole set of methodology, which could be readily applied in solving problems and performing tasks. The most valuable part of the learning, I believe, lay in the fact that as a comprehensive expansion of managerial tactics, the program painted us a "blueprint" -- in other words, opened up a new "vision" of systematic management for us.
Chinasoft International Limited
Based on the principle of participant-orientation and holding responsiblity for every participant, the Management Development Programme was specifically designed so as to meet the requirement of "one module generating one sort of experience". For example, we had a professor who was able to ignite our passion for study to open the first door for us, and at the end of the module, though the last door was closed, we all left our heart behind it. Other highlights of the program included a properly-maneuvered overall balance and coordination. The learning journey, as a whole, felt like a condensed premium MBA course, which led me through another mental "baptism" in the field of business management, and a giant leap in management philosophy as well.
Jiangsu Rentai Assets Management (Group) Co Ltd
During my more than ten years’ working experience, I have participated in various training programmes. However, the Management Development Programme at CEIBS was special and of great benefit to me. The Programme’s content was not only rich and practical, the professors also ensured a great level of interactivity in the classroom. The cases used in the programme were excellent and helped to expand my mindset and vision. During the Programme, I became acquainted with fellow students from other industries and regions. The candid communication and mutual learning among the classmates are tremendously valuable to me. In addition, CEIBS’ wonderful teaching facilities and thoughtful service provided us with excellent learning environment, and set a good example for other service organisations.
Weihai International Economic & Technical Cooperative Co., Ltd.
Participants in this programme will be able to:
- Learn managerial knowledge beyond their current responsibilities and lay a firm foundation for their future career development
- Get an overall picture of the operational mechanism within a company, better understand and implement company policies and strategies
- Develop an overall perspective which enables a more comprehensive handling of complicated issues in day-to-day management, conduct more effective communication with different departments
- Develop their individual potentials and enhance their capability of management and leadership, accomplish a rapid and all-rounded improvement of personal management ability within a relatively short period of time
- Communicate and exchange their learning with peers from other companies and industries to broaden their vision and provoke inspirations
The programme is divided into 5 modules; each module lasts 3-4 days to ensure that participants acquire basic knowledge of all the main areas in the field of management.
Module 1: Marketing Strategy and Planning (May 11-13, 2017, Shanghai)
As traditional marketing theories are becoming more and more vulnerable to the radical changes in the market environment, it is increasingly vital for enterprises to think outside the box and look for effective marketing strategies. Businesses not only need to consider marketing issues in a systematic and dynamic way, but must also analyse and select marketing strategies based on customer needs and on environmental and resource dynamics. This module will provide participants with an understanding of the latest concepts in marketing strategy and planning, and show how to use these powerful tools to create greater customer value and competitive advantage. The module includes:
- Market-Driven Strategic Planning: We will highlight the tools that can be used to turn your company into a market-driven organisation and examine their strategic and competitive benefits
- Crafting Effective Marketing Strategy: A framework will be provided for evaluating and improving marketing strategies while establishing a platform for profitable growth
- Go-to-Market Strategy: We will explore why organisations have to effectively utilise direct, intermediate and digital channels
- Pricing Strategy: We will highlight the new tools used in profit-oriented decision-making and pricing strategies, and point to approaches and specific tools that may be employed at different levels of price decision-making and implementation
- Marketing Communications: This session will focus not only on guidelines for effective integrated communications, but also on advanced methods of managing marketing expenditures
- Marketing in an Era of Change: This session will examine the real challenges faced by many organisations in adapting to changing market conditions
Module 2: Finance for Non-financial Executives (June 15-18, 2017, Shanghai)
The module presents a systematic and practical framework and explains financial management essentials. An incisive and easy-to-understand approach helps participants analyse managerial problems from a financial perspective, interpret business growth through financial statements and place greater emphasis on cost control. By acquiring these financial skills, the participants will be able to communicate more effectively with financial professionals, and better understand the effects of financial decisions on the company’s profitability. The module includes:
- Financial statements and analysis
- Financial planning and control
- Cash flow and working capital
- Corporate long-term investment decisions
Module 3: Proactive Leadership (July 20-22, 2017, Beijing)
Given the fast-paced changes in the Chinese business environment, leaders need to anticipate problems, make innovative decisions, and cultivate stronger commitment. This is what Stephen Covey calls "being proactive" in his famous book The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. A proactive leader is able to make decisions with personal initiative, shows an appropriate degree of assertiveness, takes calculated risks with organisational resources, and empowers direct subordinates to become proactive contributors to the organisation. Exercising the appropriate level of proactivity is key for success at both the individual and organisational levels. This module will equip participants with tools to understand their own proactive behaviour and techniques to develop proactive employees and organisations. Topics include:
- Understanding the proactive context
- Understanding your proactive self
- Managing across boundaries and change
- Developing proactive employees and teams
- Creativity and risk-taking
- Leading proactive companies
Module 4: Shaping Strategic mindset (September 2-4, 2017, Shanghai)
Strategic management focuses on how to set strategic objectives, formulate a business strategy, establish an organizational framework, and marshal and allocate resources for strategy implementation so that an organization (company) can gain and maintain a competitive advantage in the external environment by working with or against its competitors. An executive today should therefore develop strategic thinking, acquire expertise and skills in strategic management, and take on his duty. In this module, participants will learn how to probe into overall environment, industrial structure and competitors, and to draw up organizational strategies, particularly at the business and corporate level. The module will also cover strategic innovation and business growth to enhance participants’ ability to formulate a business strategy. The module will deal with the following topics:
- Concept of Strategy
- External Environment and Strategy
- Internal Resources and Strategy
- Formulation of Business Strategy
- Corporate Strategy
- Growth Strategy
Module 5: Electives
- Strategy Execution New
- Platform Strategy and Transformation
- Game Theory in Practice: How to Compete and Cooperate More Effectively?
- New Perspectives on Strategy in an Ever-Changing World
- The Psychology of Coaching Teams and Leading Organisation
- High Performance and Sustainable Leadership
- Women in Leadership Programme
NEGOTIATION & DECISION-MAKING
- Strategic Negotiation Programme
ORGANISATION & MANAGEMENT
- Managerial Psychology in Practice
- Human Resources Management: Psychology, Human Nature and Culture
- Talent Management Programme
MARKETING & SALES
- Key Account Management
- Strategic Sales Forces Management
FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING-FOR NON-FINANCIAL EXECUTIVES
- Managing Strategic Investment Decisions
- Supply Chain & Business Module Innovation in the Age of Internet New
Applications are requested at least 30 days before the programme start date. Applications are reviewed as they arrive and admissions are subject to the final confirmation of CEIBS. Any applications received after that date will be considered on the basis of space availability. For more information, please contact our Customer Service Team in Shanghai, Beijing or Shenzhen.
Any cancellation made 30 days or more prior to the programme start date is eligible for a full refund of programme fees paid. However, the expenses arising therefrom shall be for the account of the applicant or his/her employer. Any cancellation made less than 30 days prior to the programme start date shall be subject to a fee of 20 percent of the total programme fee. After the programme starts, no fees shall be refunded for participants who withdraw from the programme for any reason.
To ensure the continuity of your learning, you are required to make proper arrangements according to the course schedule after receiving your letter of enrollment. We will neither make up lessons for you nor confer you with the certificate of completion if you are absent from the course for personal reasons. CEIBS reserves the right to amend information on this programme including price, discount, date, location, faculty, daily schedule and other details.
Mr. Aaron Wang
No.20, Zhongguancun Software Park
No.8, Dongbeiwang West Road, Haidian District
Beijing, 100193, P.R.C.
Tel: (86 10) 8296 6680
Mobile: 139 1126 2603