Two phases of application:
- CEIBS will screen potential candidates.
- CEIBS will recommend selected candidates to IESE for formal application to its MRM/PhD programme.
Application for screening to CEIBS
- Deadline: November 25, for the academic year which starts on the following September. Early application is strongly encouraged
- Application materials must include:
• Application form (click here )
• Scan of official transcripts and diplomas
• GMAT or GRE, TOEFL (taken no more than five years prior to the date of entry)
• Personal statement
• Three letters of recommendation
(Please note that if you are admitted to our Coordinated PhD Programme, you will be asked to submit all your application materials once more through IESE's on-line application system.)
1) In your application form, please nominate at least three CEIBS professors with whom you have common research interests. Please note that you are expected to speak with these professors before your application. For CEIBS faculty list, please visit faculty profiles.
2) Three letters of recommendation
These should be written by professors familiar with the applicant's academic record. In addition, applicants are also responsible for making sure that these recommendation letters are received by CEIBS either by email or by post before the given application deadline. (For contact information please see below). Recommendation letters sent by mail should be sealed by the recommender. Please include these unopened envelopes along with the rest of the supplemental materials to the Admissions Officer. Recommenders also have the option of sending them directly to CEIBS (firstname.lastname@example.org), addressed to:
The PhD Programme Committee
China Europe International Business School (CEIBS)
Please note that we accept recommendation letters sent through recommenders' institutional email addresses ONLY.
To be eligible for admission, applicants must submit one transcript from each college and graduate institution attended for more than 6 months. If the transcript is not in English or Spanish, then you must include a certified English translation.
If you are admitted to the Coordinated Programme and you accept the offer, an original copy of your transcripts must be sent to MRM & PhD Office of IESE within one month of your admission date. Failure to provide evidence would preclude your enrolment in the Programme.
4) GMAT or GRE
GMAT or GRE are compulsory for all applicants.
We will not consider results from tests taken more than five years prior to date of entry.
To find out when and where to take the GMAT or GRE test, please contact:
Educational Testing Services
P.O. Box 6103
Princeton, New Jersey 08541
Tel (1-609) 771-7330
Fax (1-609) 883-434
IESE code for GMAT: 0736
IESE code for GRE 3607
5) The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
For information on when and where to take the TOEFL examination, please contact TOEFL directly:
P.O. Box 6151
Princeton, New Jersey 08541
Tel (1-609) 771-7100
Fax (1-609) 771-7500
Results can be sent directly to IESE, using IESE's code: 0755.
You can upload your photo directly into the application form in the required field.
Please note that your photo should have a white background and will also be used for your student ID card.
Application for admission to IESE
- Deadline: Late December (only for CEIBS-sponsored candidates)
- Application materials: application form, official transcripts and diplomas, GMAT or GRE, TOEFL (taken within the last five years), and three letters of recommendation. These materials are to be submitted through IESE's on-line application system.
- Personal interview required